X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brakada
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

IMPRESSED... and the American election

Wow, really impressed... politics got their own forum before music! What can I say? Thanx again.

Ok, so what's up with the upcoming election in the USA? Been busy the last couple of days and just couldn't get my dose of daily news (too busy clicking on the Mercuryserver link :wink: )
    We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

rumor mill =

Bush dumping Cheney at the republican convention, seperating all ties with haliburton and that mess and Cheney's unpopularity, and naming Rudolph Guilanni as his vice.

If that happens....Slam dunk for the Rep Party....bye bye Kerry.

Comment

• acmatos
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2004

Giuliani would be great, but I don't think that Cheney is unpopular or has any mess behind him. Other than for health reasons, Bush should keep Cheney. Anyway, Kerry loses either way. Haliburton is a non-factor, actually a story created by the media.
      Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.

Comment

• brakada
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        rumor mill =
        Bush dumping Cheney at the republican convention, seperating all ties with haliburton and that mess and Cheney's unpopularity, and naming Rudolph Guilanni as his vice.
        Wasn't that posted here before in the... Damn, I can't find the thread! :wink:

Could be, but on the bright side: Bush would listen (I hope he would) someone with more "common sense" than the entire current Bush administration together. So things will get better in any way...

Comment

• devon
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

you have to be kidding me. bush is the worst president in the history of the united states. and don;t give me the "he has waged war on terror" one. the only reason he has become the president who fights terror is because we were attacked first. pre 9/11 he did absolutey nothing to fight terror even though people in his admin begged for a briefing on al qadea.

also the fact that he is a bible thumper born again really scares me too. just recently he asked the vatican for help with political decisions in washington. that's fucked up.

even though kerry isn't that great he's way better then bush.
          i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• Anonymous
            Addiction started
            • Jan 1970

if you think the Vatican hasn't been involved politically throughout the world, you're greatly misinformed, as it seems you are anyway with 'worst pres in history' nonsense.

One word...Carter.

Comment

• devon
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

never like carter either.

there is no place for religion in american politics. we differ to much individually from each other to have just one religion with that type of influence.
              i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• brakada
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by devon
                also the fact that he is a bible thumper born again really scares me too. just recently he asked the vatican for help with political decisions in washington. that's fucked up.
                although I could agree that Bush is one of the worst American presidents, I'm quite sure the part about asking Vatican for advice can't be true. Bush never listened to Vatican. If he did there would be no war in Iraq now, for the politics of Vatican are very peaceful today (too much blood in the history I guess :wink If he's asking for advice, he's probably just "playing" them...

Comment

• triggerb
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

The Pope has often been consulted by international leaders on a variety of issues, mainly realted to morality...

HOWEVER..... not sure of the significant religous inference here..... isnt Bushes belief evangelicalism... The Pope for those who don't know is Catholic...

Comment

• MJ
                    Here since 2002
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Anonymous
                    if you think the Vatican hasn't been involved politically throughout the world, you're greatly misinformed, as it seems you are anyway with 'worst pres in history' nonsense.

One word...Carter.
                    Who are you?
                    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• acmatos
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jun 2004

He was trying to get the Vatican to support us in the war. But that's just slightly different than asking for policy advice, right?? :?
                      Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.

Comment

• dohturdima
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Anonymous

One word...Carter.
                        Yeah, the man with no cojones but tons of sympathy for all causes (aside from the important ones that could have saved his ass and got the country out of recession). Certainly up there with the all-time worsts.
                        Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• dohturdima
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

rumor mill =

Hmm... Giuliani for Prez (hey, one's gotta "always be prepared" - innit the primary fxn of VP's job)? Don't know if the Bible Belt will run away with this one.
                          Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• mixu
                            Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                            • Jun 2004

Reasons I've missed MS...

1. The Vatican gets into a thread on US politics. Just genius.

Ask me a question...

Comment

• brakada
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mixu
                              Reasons I've missed MS...

1. The Vatican gets into a thread on US politics. Just genius.

Well, that's politics. everything is connected and the world is alltogether a one giant conspiracy. But on the bright side, it gives us soooo many things to discuss.

Comment

Working...