X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neo
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
    Download Vuze - Azureus for free. An extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Vuze (formerly Azureus) is an extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Search and download torrent files.

This is the BT Client I like, although it is Java based which suxx to holy hi hell. So if you have a mediocre comp or just hate Java with a passion like I usually do (not in this case), you wanna try this one.
    I think that's the best client out there though. I don't see your problem with Java though. It's not that slow.

Comment

• Neo
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peeps
      music is usually in either shn or flac formats when transferred via bit torrent - both files formats need top be converted.
      I haven't seen many music torrents in this format. Is it just a particular torrent site where you find your music because all music I've found has been MP3, at least that's what I've found. I'm not familiar is it more compressed than mp3????

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

Originally posted by JetaTek
        http://www.filesoup.com/forum/ is also worth checking out.
        They have their own "Moderator Appreciation" section on this board. Maybe we should bring this on here too so you can praise the [ms] crew more. :ROFLMAO:

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Neo
          Download Vuze - Azureus for free. An extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Vuze (formerly Azureus) is an extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Search and download torrent files.

This is the BT Client I like, although it is Java based which suxx to holy hi hell. So if you have a mediocre comp or just hate Java with a passion like I usually do (not in this case), you wanna try this one.
          I think that's the best client out there though. I don't see your problem with Java though. It's not that slow.
          my client is ABC (another bittorrent client) seems to work just fine, i never used any others so can't really compare, anyone else use this?

Comment

• djaerok
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

I uses ABC as well and really like it. Another one I use occcasionally is BitComet. This one lets you select which files in the torrent file to d/l - very useful if you are only interested in one (or more) particular file in the torrent.

Agree with others on suprnova and sharingthegroove - really great sites for music bt!
            DJ Aero K - deeper, darker....progressively

Comment

• demonAfro
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Re:: Advice on bit torrents needed

I have recently been using Torrentstorm which just keeps all the torrents nicely together rather than having hundreds in the system tray

Comment

• haydn
                Getting warmed up
                • Jun 2004

suprnova.org is all u need mate trust me!

H

Comment

• poorimpulsectrl
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Sep 2004

Re: Advice on bit torrents needed

Check out G3Torrent if you haven't. I've used and like Azureus, and while it is comprehensive, it is also a bit bloated (java and what not). G3Torrent's pretty lean in comparison and has all the important features (save for the ability to use plugins like Safepeer). The client is updated frequently as well.

Comment

• robocat
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by poorimpulsectrl";p="
                    Check out G3Torrent if you haven't. I've used and like Azureus, and while it is comprehensive, it is also a bit bloated (java and what not). G3Torrent's pretty lean in comparison and has all the important features (save for the ability to use plugins like Safepeer). The client is updated frequently as well.
                    i used to download with azureus but i see that's pretty good variant
                    thanks
                    www.progressivepolska.com/forum/ ---> my forum about progressivehousemusic
                    for people from Poland and not only

Comment

• remoh
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

i just downloaded the software from bittorrent .com , just downloading for the first time.
                      my question is : everytime i download something it asks me for a donation, is this how it works or is it this certain bittorrent developer?...
                      i dont mind donating a couple of times , but if this is for every set , im going to be broke
                      [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                      |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• poorimpulsectrl
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Sep 2004

my client is ABC (another bittorrent client) seems to work just fine, i never used any others so can't really compare, anyone else use this?
                        I found ABC pretty buggy. If you'd like something just like it, try the aforementioned G3Torrent.

Comment

• batista
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Jun 2004

i really love suprnova have almost everything

Comment

• Gatz
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

You can get almost every site available here: http://www.btsites.tk/
                            but smaller sites with livesets you can find through the link portion on certain sites. Some are free some you have to pay for. suprnova.org is one of the best ones but a smaller site that has lots is filelist.org. The main thing you have to know about torrents is that it works on ratio basis most of the time the more you upload the more you have access. To find out more on how bittorent wotks check this site: http://dessent.net/btfaq/ - hope this helps

Comment

• Krauthead
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Sep 2004

[/code]2. Why do people have a cow about mp3 format and only want .shn files or flack??? It's a pain to have to convert them back to mp3. [code]

Its a question of quality? There is a real big diffrence between lossless compression like flack and mp3.
                              Sauerkraut

Comment

Working...