Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Fuck the IPOD!

try one of these in your car

• ReTrOGurLe
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

ipod

LOL I had an ipod windows 10gig 1st generation, it was not very friendly. Had to have it replaced three times. Not once, but three times. It never worked right --- ever. froze, erased music, didn't sync, lasted 4 hours.

Finally, I got upgraded to a 20gig 3rd generation ipod. I didn't try it out, just threw the box in the closet and then gave it to my boyfriend for his bday. Now he has the pleasure of trying to get it to work on XP. unless you have a Mac an ipod is pointless. if i had the $$ for a mac & software, i'd get one in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Mixwell
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

I was curious if there was anything out there for the car. I have heard that you can use an I-pod, but I still don't have one. I hate that I have so many cd's in my car, and wish that I could find a system where I could load my music. Is there anything out there? That system that you mentioned looks a little too big for my car, would like something smaller.
      dance like no one is watching

Comment

• esef
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

a friend of mine works for ALPINE told me of a new head unit which interfaces w/ the ipod via infra-red for in-car use. they have some crazy shit coming out for 2005!

also, they currently have a 20gig HD unit which you load up .mp3s from your computer and "plug in" to the car system, along the same lines as the 6-disc CD cases of old. Super cool, but not for use away from the car.

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• mingus51
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

I put my Nomand Jukebox Zen hooked up via a tape adaptor right now...

Love the player...hate the setup...I'd love it if more manufacturers made CDplayer/radios with an 1/8" audio in.....

Comment

• Galapidate
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Meh, iPods are so overrated. I'm like the only person in my school who has an mp3 player that isn't an iPod.

Comment

• venture37
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

get a car stereo that supports data cd's with MP3's on them???

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

these days sure...$200-300 tops for a decent one, fire up 700MB of MP3's on a disc, or a RW and off you go...

(bought a Pioneer for $220 installed and never looked back)

The old-school systems when the players first hit the market overseas/beforehand (and ran twice a smuch as they do today) was to have a Windows '95 desktop-tower (under your seat or so) wired to your battery for power, running Winamp...you then could use a keypad plugin to change tracks around, or an infrared remote with the proper Winamp plugin... :wink:
                FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• timkell
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Re: ipod

Originally posted by ReTrOGurLe
                  LOL I had an ipod windows 10gig 1st generation, it was not very friendly. Had to have it replaced three times. Not once, but three times. It never worked right --- ever. froze, erased music, didn't sync, lasted 4 hours.

Finally, I got upgraded to a 20gig 3rd generation ipod. I didn't try it out, just threw the box in the closet and then gave it to my boyfriend for his bday. Now he has the pleasure of trying to get it to work on XP. unless you have a Mac an ipod is pointless. if i had the $$ for a mac & software, i'd get one in a heartbeat.
                  No problems with iPod on XP for me. iTunes rocks even if you don't have iPod, IMO.
                  FunkyCozy
                  A FREE Minimal/Techno/Tech House Party @ Anu
                  Every Last Saturday of the Month
                  Residents: Jonathan Beech, Sinukus, Tim McCormack
                  Next Cozy: Saturday, October 28
                  3rd annual Halloween bash, FunkyCozy vs. [Kontrol]
                  with guests Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail) and Craig Kuna
                  Wear a costume!

Comment

• contain
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

ipod sucks!! get a netmd player or the new hi-md player from sony. 5 hours per disc on a regular netmd or 45 hours per disc on a hi-md. you can't go wrong...

Comment

• Mixwell
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by contain
                      ipod sucks!! get a netmd player or the new hi-md player from sony. 5 hours per disc on a regular netmd or 45 hours per disc on a hi-md. you can't go wrong...
                      yea, I have the netmd. Very affordable. Still sucks carrying extra stuff, but those discs are small enough to stick in your pocket. I wish that I could hook it up to my car, but I don't have a tape deck.... Oh well, will have to be more neat and buy a bigger cd book :wink:
                      dance like no one is watching

Comment

• thezzapper
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mingus51
                        I put my Nomand Jukebox Zen hooked up via a tape adaptor right now...

Love the player...hate the setup...I'd love it if more manufacturers made CDplayer/radios with an 1/8" audio in.....
                        ugghhh! i had 2 of them. comes with crappy 90 day warranty. first one lasted 3 months & died. second one lasted about 5 months. great interface. real easy to use. crappy player (in my experience).

so, i finally gave in & got an ipod. 2 year warranty!! has it's drawbacks. can't delete files from it without connecting to pc. short battery life - about 4 - 6 hours. have had it for 2 months. so far, so good. we'll see. jury still out...
                        sigpic

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I've had mine 2 years, not a single problem and I LOVE the thing.

Comment

• Galapidate
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Are there any flash-based or harddrive mp3 players that are really small in size (smaller than iPod)? Like the size of a cigarette lighter? The iRivers I heard are about that big, but to me they appear a big larger...

Comment

• neoee
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Galapidate
                              Are there any flash-based or harddrive mp3 players that are really small in size (smaller than iPod)? Like the size of a cigarette lighter? The iRivers I heard are about that big, but to me they appear a big larger...
                              There are some smaller than th iRivers too. I can't remember the brand names but places like compUSA have a good variety of players. Some off brand stuff but definately small.
                              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...