X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

iPod Winamp Support

Just ran across this over at www.winamp.com. Anyone use this?

Kiss iTunes goodbye. Send music to and from your iPod directly from the Winamp Media Library. Nothing could be easier.

This plugin allows you to copy songs (MP3 & MP4 AAC) to your Windows iPod.
    Now 1.11a updated with:
    * iPod Shuffle supported!
    * Artist-Album view
    * Smart Playlists
    * Playlist Support
    * Reverse & Forward Sync
    * Lots of Bug Fixes!
    * On The Go Playlist Support

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • frisky
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: iPod Winamp Support

Welcome to last year Bro. We released that last year right after the WA5 release.

And yea, it great and it works better than iTunes of course.

f.
    frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
    Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by frisky
      Welcome to last year Bro. We released that last year right after the WA5 release.

f.
      Sorry that I'm so behind in the times. I never have a need to go to the Winamp site as I still use 2.90. I was just there looking to upgrade to test out Dinamo's new streaming format and noticed it. Don't remember any chatter on here about it (unless I overlooked it).

Comment

• frisky
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound

f.
        Sorry that I'm so behind in the times. I never have a need to go to the Winamp site as I still use 2.90. I was just there looking to upgrade to test out Dinamo's new streaming format and noticed it. Don't remember any chatter on here about it (unless I overlooked it).
        I'm just teasin man. Ya its been a relatively unpopular plug-in. IMO its better than iTunes for iPod support and I use it, but the downloads havent been that hot on it. People still like to use iTunes for iPod support, generally.

But ya, try it out, its playlist import support is great...

f.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

I'm just teasin man. Ya its been a relatively unpopular plug-in. IMO its better than iTunes for iPod support and I use it, but the downloads havent been that hot on it. People still like to use iTunes for iPod support, generally.

But ya, try it out, its playlist import support is great...

f.
          I did read one comment that has me hesitating whether to try it. A person stated that it corrupted his song files due to the fact that they had similar file names (all started out with the same letters/numbers, etc). I have many sets named: John Digweed - Kiss 100FM (xx-xx-xx) where only the x's are different. Will I encounter a problem? I don't want to chance it and lose my catalog of mixes.

Comment

• frisky
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
            I did read one comment that has me hesitating whether to try it. A person stated that it corrupted his song files due to the fact that they had similar file names (all started out with the same letters/numbers, etc). I have many sets named: John Digweed - Kiss 100FM (xx-xx-xx) where only the x's are different. Will I encounter a problem? I don't want to chance it and lose my catalog of mixes.
            Im a bit wary of believing that... I mean, the WA MediaLibrary is just that - a media library - it will not actually write the files or do anything to them - so Im not sure how it could "corrupt" media files. The ML reads ID tags anyways, so if you have those, it wont get confused...

But there are bugs with the plugin and Id say if you are worried that that will happen, dont use it - stick with what works for you... Check out the WA forums for more info: http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=69

It seems to work for some peeps - while some peeps hate it with a passion... I dont do anything really sniffy like smart playlists or anyting else in my ipod, so it works for me... might not for you...

f.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

I dont do anything really sniffy like smart playlists or anyting else in my ipod, so it works for me... might not for you...

f.
              Yeah, I don't mess with that shite either. Just load 'em up and let 'em rip. I'll give it a shot (if it works alongside 2.90 that is).

Comment

• palmer
                Retired or Simply Important
                • Jun 2004

Damn I had no idea this was possible.... I hate itunes it runs so fucking heavy. Anyway thanks skaman and faisal....I'm going to check this out
                todayistomorrow
                art direction | design | animation

Comment

• Hos
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

this is SO OLD!

been using this plugin for ages. it's nothing special, just more convenient than ephpod.
                  black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

now THIS I didnt know of either, defo gonna check this out when I go home today... thanks peeps

-e-
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Morgan
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Oh dear, some of us are still using Itunes to play our music.

I gues i'll be taking a trip to winamp.
                      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

Working...