X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filthy
    Addiction started
    • Nov 2004

Is this MP3 player alright??

Im about to buy a new mp3 player, been looking at Irivers H10.

Ive been told that Iriver has better sound than for example iPod but i would feel happier if someone in here would comment this.. so any input about H10?

Thanks!
    Come on, Scott, you're still young! Being a true loser takes years of ineptitude.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Is this MP3 player alright??

I-FUCKING-POD :P
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

I'm not all fancy about the IPODs. I don't need a "cute" mp3 player, but they seem to be popular with everyone else.

The Iriver has more options, and i've heard nothing but good stuff about them...but DAMN man, $279 for 5gigs? Rip..OFF!

I've got the Dell 20 gig Jukebox, and love it.

Comment

• ubiqe
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I have iriver cd/mp3 player and yes the sound is great. What I'm lookin at at the moment is their H340 :P if only it didn't cost so much :cry:

Comment

• filthy
          Addiction started
          • Nov 2004

yeh.. i first thought of the H320, but i think it would be a bit to large for easy carrying. 5GB will be enough i think..
          Come on, Scott, you're still young! Being a true loser takes years of ineptitude.

Comment

• filthy
            Addiction started
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
            $279 for 5gigs? Rip..OFF!
            Even goes for slightly more here. Upside is that a friend of mine is going to Asia, both Singapore and Hong Kong so im sure he can find a resonable price there.

Seems to be a neat player.

Comment

• MJDub
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Jenks, how does the sound quality on your Dell stack up to an iPod? I don't really see the need to get an iPod for the looks if a Dell costs less and sounds better. (Good ol' AMD mentality )
              http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• neoee
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

I've bought a couple iRiver devices now and have been very happy with them. This kinda reminds me... I need to see if theres a new firmware update for me .

I've never used an Ipod and I'm sure their good but you'll get more features with the iRiver, like line in recording, Xtreme 3D (much like Sony's SRS WOW but made by Philips), EQ over 3D, FIRMWARE UPGRADES offering forward compatablilty (OGG,WMA).
                "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• filthy
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2004

Yeah, that line in recording feat looks tasty!

Im going with the H10 i think, upgradable firmware did the trick. Somehow i had missed that earlier.

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

i LOVE my iriver!
                    "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• neoee
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by filthy
                      Yeah, that line in recording feat looks tasty!
                      I just looked at the H10 since I wasn't that familiar with it but I noticed the line in is only with the cradle. On most of their other devices it just on the player itself. Might want to keep that in mind if you are planning on using it for a lot of recording (as you'll need the cradle with you to record).
                      "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

i have the 20Gb iriver with the colour screen. No complaints. Line in ripping to mp3 is very cool. Sound quality is awesome.
                        motherlover

Comment

• Kobe
                          I wish I had an interesting User title
                          • Jun 2004

I have an iRiver H10 and I love it. It is pricey, in fact really pushing the limits of what an mp3 player is worth to me, but I use it all the time, so I'm getting my money's worth.

The design and construction are excellent, as good as ipod IMHO. The interface is nearly as good, but having the play/pause and < > buttons off to the side is a little cumbersome. Otherwise the touchpad scrollbar works superbly. The unit it small, elegant, and well built. The supplied rubber case has worked well for me. One big grip I have is the cable, I would have liked if it used a standard USB cable.

Perhaps the best feature of the design is the removable battery-- not just replaceable, but removable like your cell phone's battery. Carry and extra battery and you're golden. The battery life is quite good though, rated at 12 hours, I can go about a week between charges.

The usefulness of the color screen is questionable to me-- most of the time it's in my pocket or I'm driving so I'm not looking at the screen, as pretty as it is. And the photo function is cool, but with a 1.5 display you can't really see much anyway.

The device is designed to sync with Win Media Player 10 which actually works quite well. There is firmware for international units to make it a UMS device, but this patch has not worked too well on US versions of the H10 (apparently there is some hardware difference btw US and ROW). On the subject of firmware, a lot of people had bug issues with the initial fw, but they did just release new firmware for the US version that works a lot of that out. Mine has always been bug free so I haven't bothered to upgrade.

They will also be releasing more players based on the h10 design, a 1GB and 2 GB flash players, and IIRC 4, 6, and 10gb hard drive versions.
                          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
                            Jenks, how does the sound quality on your Dell stack up to an iPod? I don't really see the need to get an iPod for the looks if a Dell costs less and sounds better. (Good ol' AMD mentality )
                            I think the Dell rocks, and looks wicked with the aluminum frame and blue backlit display.

The sound quality is really good imo. I use an fm modulator and take it with me in my truck, and i'm very pleased. I rarely use the ear buds, and i've never listened to an ipod, so i can't really compare, but i can't imagine the sound quality being leaps and bounds better to justify going one way or the other.

AMD mentality, lol...hey, i'm running AMD!

Comment

• cwsiggy
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

If I'm not mistaken, the Iriver is a good replacement for the Nomad Jukebox 3 from an audiophile standpoint. They are no longer making the JB3 which is a bummer for those who like to record shows (jambands etc.) I think the IRiver can do this. IMHO the Ipod is very very cool but overrated on sound quality and features. Nice choice.
                              The djs took pills to stay awake and play for seven days......

Comment

Working...