bringthebeats

Comment

• Platinum
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re: April 22nd: Danny Howells, System Soundbar, Toronto

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas
      for reduced guestlist email gregor@bringthebeats.com
      what a night this was... thanks again gregor for the guestlist... danny h was impessive cheers
      Enjoy

Comment

• nubreed000
        Getting Somewhere
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Platinum
        what a night this was... thanks again gregor for the guestlist... danny h was impessive cheers
        danny howells was un-fuckin-believable.

The Groove Is In The Air

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Platinum
          no problem bro, it was definitely great to have the old danny back. here's my review from www.systemsoundbar.net.

This night was a long time coming, but it was well worth the wait. It had been at least three years since Danny had last visited System, the venue where I have always most enjoyed his music. The vibe in the club was much like his earlier visits to the club, super happy, super up for what was to come.

He began his set just as we were hoping he would, with funky house, smooth transitions and impeccable programming. I recognized quite a few tracks from his soon to be legendary Global Underground 27 ? Miami compilation. I think most in the club were very satisfied with the tone he set for the first half of the night because the club?s energy continued to build with each track he laid down. However, Danny has a real love for techno, and by about mid way through the set, you could feel the hard beats coming on.

I have to give Danny credit though; he slipped into the Tech very delicately. It wasn?t the drastic tempo change that any normal DJ would take a floor through when moving from House to Techno. He maintained the melodies and breakdowns of the floor-filling Progressive House, except when the tracks broke it was now Techno and not the funky Progressive that was getting most of our crew off for the first three hours.

The vibe flipped to a more intense, aggressive feel. This is not normally my thing, but because it wasn?t too radical of a change, we stuck it out for a bit. It was interesting to see how the mood altered and how people that were just kind of hanging around for the first half of Danny?s set, were now killing it like the party had just started.

We bailed about an hour and a half into the heavier sessions, but the club was still rolling and from what I hear Danny was killed it right till around 7am. It was great to hear a DJ who was in full control of the night. It was Danny?s decks with no worries about stepping on after a warm-up or worrying how to leave it for someone to follow. This is a luxury that we don?t often indulge in anymore in Toronto, props to Danny for making it happen for us this time.
          WHAT'S GOING DOWN
          IN OUR UNDERGROUND
          bringthebeats

Comment

Working...