X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hos
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

scanning in art

what is the best technique to get your natural art into the PC.

I have access to an A3 scanner but what about paintings that are up to A0? should I take a digital shot? if so what kind of ambient settings must I provide to get the truest capture of the painting?

any advice much appreciated.
    black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: scanning in art

If you can, scan it. That will give you the best results and control. If you can not, ie size, media, etc, you gotta give your work a photo shoot. If you are really happy with scan quality, you can take slices of your work and splice them together. Takes some time, and you will get a close enough final. You may even get a result you like. What I have done, scanned a sample of my work, and took a picture of the whole thing. The best of both worlds. I hope this helps a little.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• remoh
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

if you really want to have a good copy in your pc i would take it to a place and have it professionally done .. i have no clue how much it woul cost..if you just want something to show, then take a pic..natural lighting would probably be best
      [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
      |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• palmer
        Retired or Simply Important
        • Jun 2004

depends on what it is and how big it is.

I definitely wouldn't get it professionally done, it will cost an arm and a leg, and its totally something you can do yourself. I'm a big fan of seeing work printed and photographed. I think it looks awesome to see it as it was actually intended. Anyway yeah depending on what it is I would just take pictures, have fun and light evenly.
        todayistomorrow
        art direction | design | animation

Comment

Working...