X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CosmicbOi
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2004

The Great Canadian Pot Debate

Before the last Canadian Prime Minister (Jean Chretien) left office, he introduced some controversial pieces of legislation. He wanted his legacy to be #1 Gay Marriage and #2 Decriminalization of Marijuana.. During the last election, the Liberal Party remained firm in it's commitment to the decriminalization of pot possession.. and guess what? They won!

HALIFAX (CP) ? The Liberals are committed to carrying out their plan to decriminalize simple possession for small amounts of marijuana if re-elected, Prime Minister Paul Martin said today in the playground of a day-care centre.

Martin was responding to a question about whether a Liberal government would reintroduce a law to hand out fines ? not criminal sentences ? to people caught with 15 grams of pot or less. The legislation died last month when Parliament was dissolved for the federal election campaign.

..so eventually I'll be able to walk down the street smoking a joint without any real fear from the Police.. well apart from getting a ticket if they spot me.. but no criminal record. ..no jail time...

I kno the US gov't (and my cousin in Florida) is pretty much against this ..but
    i'm curious to know what every1 else thinks abt this..

nick
  • Galapidate
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

All I can say is, I wish I was in Canada :P

Comment

• Balanc3
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Galapidate
      All I can say is, I wish I was in Canada :P
      amen. there is some good commercial kb here in the states... but the threat of being jailed for any small amount still exists depending on which state you live. I mean comeon why should pot have an equal or harsher punshment than alcohol. There is no comparison.
      JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Re:: The Great Canadian Pot Debate

Heh, in my country it's already legal to own up to 5 grammes of that stuff. Gay marriage is normal. Abortion is OK. Even Euthanasia is permitted under supervision of a doctor, who himself is thoroughly checked.

Wha-hey!
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Balanc3
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

WORK SAFE???

KB

(just got home from Colorado :wink: )

JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• peloquin
            Till I Come!
            • Jun 2004

wooohooo

i havent even been to canada
            i prefer to smoke in the privacy of my own apartment, but that would be nice to not have to worry about it.

Comment

• neoee
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I've said this many times before but in case you didn't know my stance:

I'm all for it- Its going to force the US to look at our own laws a bit more.

Smoke on Canada! :wink:
              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

fucking hippies.

Comment

Working...