Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Lance Armstrong does it again...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • futura
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Lance Armstrong does it again...

Don't know if any of you keep up with the tour, but there you have it, Lance Armstrong riding around Paris the 6 champion in a row, a new record.

The guy is a riding machine, can convert oxygen into his system like no other, and pumps 7 times more blood through his heart than the average person. Additionally, he has some genetic thing where he doesn't build up lactic acid - the junk that burns when you're riding hard. He was born to ride.

Pretty awesome.

Any of you ride? Road or off-road? I primarily like off-road, but for the Tour de France, it's too big to not be interested.
    may the groove be with you
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

was watching the news and they said he rode 34 miles in 67 minutes during the 19th session.
    that is SICK !
    but it was funny to hear him calling out the fans who boo him.
    the french are slightly ignorant. no?

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Outstanding - the guy simply blew his "peers" away as soon as it got to the mountains.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• tiddles
        Encryption, Jr.
        • Jun 2004

obviosuly the Bush administration jacked the race so an american would win and the press would ignore the situation in iraq.

Viva la France!
        i demand a recount!!!!

Comment

• thepariah
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Man, it wasn't President Asshat. Everyone knows it was Sasha who fixed the race and everyone who is in the know knows that Sasha is just a pawn for the illuminati. :wink:
          Originally posted by tiddles
          obviosuly the Bush administration jacked the race so an american would win and the press would ignore the situation in iraq.

Viva la France!
          i demand a recount!!!!

Comment

• bananapeel
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Re:: Lance Armstrong does it again...

he was sipping champagne on his bike on his way to his 6th championship, nice way to do it in style

Comment

• CSquare
              Addiction started
              • Jul 2004

the tour looked harder way back when. they were showing how one of the other guys that one 5 earlier caught bronchitis while riding in the alps. the highlights show the alps with snow all over and this guy riding with shorts and a little shirts. looked nuts.

Comment

• MJDub
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                but it was funny to hear him calling out the fans who boo him.
                the french are slightly ignorant. no?
                Gotta love straight-talking Texans.
                http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

how could you boo someone who's persisted and beat out everyone....he's a superman in his own right and deserves as much credit as he can get.
                  Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• mixu
                    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                    • Jun 2004

The man is a sporting legend - the Tour de France has gotta be the true test of a sportsman... but no-one likes him much. The great Eddy Merckx was booed occasionally as well so it's nothing new. This article's pretty good:

The obsessive Texan has won few friends, but he deserves to take his place in history, says William Fotheringham.
                    Ask me a question...

Comment

• foreks
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

great sportsman great man. respect lance tour the lance from next year on pls.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                        i use to be important
                        • Jun 2004

I heard some shit that people are claiming he "uses" something. please. he is a fucking champ. I wonder if he will be back next year.

Congrats on six in a row.
                        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• mixu
                          Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                          I heard some shit that people are claiming he "uses" something. please. he is a fucking champ. I wonder if he will be back next year.

Congrats on six in a row.

There's a book out in France that alleges he 'used' something although it doesn't seem to have any evidence. Lance isn't very happy about it, unsurprisingly...

A book to be released this week reiterates allegations that Lance Armstrong has used illegal substances since recovering from cancer in 1998.
                          Ask me a question...

Comment

• asdf_admin
                            i use to be important
                            • Jun 2004

that's the bad boy. thx. :wink:

I am not sure what to think. I would be super sad if it were true. hesh.
                            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• foreks
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

don't be so gulible messrs in a professional sport field there is NO way to stay clean. and as a sometime professional must tell you to my vexation cycling is the most contaminated discipline of all the rest :?

Comment

Working...