X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvs
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

"Maestro" dvd 4 sale - dance music documentary

I have a brand new, unopened version for sale, $15. Anyone interested?

MAESTRO is a feature film documentary, 4 years in the making. It tells the story of how a group of people found refuge and a call for life outside the mainstream. What evolved was a scene that set the groundwork for what was to come in dance music culture worldwide, a rare insight into the secret world of the underground. It?s a film for the world to witness.
    MAESTRO takes you into the world of Larry Levan, Paradise Garage; David Mancuso, The Loft, as they formed the center piece within the underground culture as it evolved into dance music of today.

This culture transcended musical genres and created magical, lasting moments, not only in clubs but also within the spiritual terrain of our hearts and psyches. These modern day maestros provided environments where our spirits, creativity, passion and diversity both thrived and flourished. They were so significant that without them, dance music today would be drastically different-worldwide.

Opting for a more personal and candid approach, MAESTRO shows the true history of its individuals. Tracing the underground's dance origin, MAESTRO brings out a true, candid and tragic understanding of this intense lifestyle, and the lives they lived and died for. It is far from mere nostalgia, this film is like the music and experiences it chronicles.

Disc 1: (Total Running Time: 1 Hour 17 Minutes)
    Feature length documentary film featuring appearances by Larry Levan, David Mancuso, Frankie Knuckles, Nicky Sciano, Francois K, Francis Grasso, Jellybean Benitez, Danny Tenaglia, Tony Humphries, Tee Scott, Dimitri From Paris, Danny Krivit, Pete Tong, Joe Claussell, Little Louie Vega, Keith Haring, and more..

Disc 2: (Total Running Time: 2 Hours 26 Minutes)
    Bonus Short Films:
    ? Paradise Garage Footage : never before seen footage of the closing weekend of the Paradise Garage (1987), commented by Larry Levan`s close friend, videographer Michael Sampson.
    ? Sound Systems : An audiophile look with DJ David Mancuso and renowned sound engineers on the history of club sound and DJ equipment
    ? Making of Maestro : Director Josell Ramos on his journey through making the film
    ? Ron Hardy : a look into the Chicago House Music legend and mentor with Robert Williams
    ? Tee Scott : in his own words, a conversation with one of the top early dance producers
    ? The Dancers : from streets to clubs, a raw look into the world of the club dancers
    ? Frankie Knuckles : a conversation with the "Godfather of House"
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: "Maestro" dvd 4 sale - dance music documentary

I'd be interested in that. Why don't you want it?
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• dvs
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

i already have a copy of it, this one is an extra one i have, i accidentally ordered 2 when bought it online...
      "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• buckman
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

That is a great movie.should be in everyones movie library.Gives you the history of House music as in who was the first to mix a record and so fourth, to the soundsystems of today compared to those from back in the day.Although I really didnt like how the movie seemed to be based around Larry Levan.would have liked it if they talked more about the djs of today as well as back in the day.
        " Darkness Imprisioning Me
        All That I See
        Absolute Horror
        I Cannot Live
        I Cannot Die
        Trapped In Myself
        Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

dibs!!!!!!!!!!!! get back to me bro.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment