• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aestheticbliss
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2006

Going Solo?

Hi you all,

I am currently over here in the US working in California. I love electronic music and I am really keen to go to WMC to have some fun. Since I will be going by myself, I was wondering if someone out there is in the same situation and keen to buddy up. I think Ultra will be my highlight and I am a house lover although I like breaks and some prog trance as well. I also wouldnt mind to catch some nice stuff poolside with a couple of cocktails! Im really flexible and would love input from people on what to do as I have never before been to Miami. I consider myself easy going and absolutely drama free. Anyone interested, please reply to this thread or IM me and I will get back to you!

Rune
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: Going Solo?

By all means, go! Regardless of whether you have someone to team up with or not it will be one of your best vacations ever. I'm the type of person that will NOT sit down in a restaurant to eat unless I have someone at the table with me, but WMC is the one place where I would have absolutely no problem going it alone for a few days or a week. As long as you're more about the music than the social aspect you'll still have an absolute blast! There were times last year when the guys I was hanging with had their own ideas of things to do that I wasn't too keen on so we went our separate ways and met up later in the day, etc. It was a no hard feelings type of situation, there's so much to do, see, and hear that you almost don't even have any time to 'hang out' with people.

Hope that helps, but there are undoubtedly other people in the same situation as you. So shoot me a PM and I'll clue you into some other sites/message boards that are more WMC focused and where I've seen people post with a similar situation as the one you mentioned.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• aestheticbliss
      Fresh Peossy
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the quick reply...PM on its way

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

No problemo senor. Hope to see you in Miami. BTW, where exactly are you from and why are you working in Cali?

Comment

• aestheticbliss
          Fresh Peossy
          • Feb 2006

Hi again,

Im from Norway originally and am over here in Silicon Valley working as a front end developer and designer of web applications.

Rune

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

I'm flying down solo and meeting up with people. somewhat same situation... i'm just hoping the people i stay with don't turn out to be a bunch of douches

go down and have fun. it'll be the best time every man.

seriously though. i'll probably be the douche.

Comment

• aestheticbliss
              Fresh Peossy
              • Feb 2006

So what hotels/places are you guys staying at? I just dont really have a clue about where to stay just yet...

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Depends on what you want and what type of person you are. You definitely learn a lot from your first time going though. If you want the hustle and bustle, don't mind sleeping with cars blaring their horns and people screaming and yelling as they come out of the club at literally ALL hours of the night, then stay somewhere between 1st and 15th. If you want to relax while you're there, get some rest in between parties, etc. then stay somewhere above 15th or so.

Comment

• aestheticbliss
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Feb 2006

Thanks for the advice! I would probably go for something above 15th! But I dont want it too slow either. Im pretty much after a place where they have djs playing chilled house poolside and where you can enjoy your drink. But I do not want like a nursing home or anything....

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

don't worry... you won't find anything nursing-home-ish in south beach during spring break. I would probably recommend you stay between 1st and 15th if you're by yourself so you're near plenty of things to do

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

And if you don't have friends before going there, you'll definitely make more than you can handle while you're there. For the most part everyone is there for the exact same reason - to unwind and listen to some of the best music on the planet (especially if you hang out at the parties I'll be attending).

Comment

• aestheticbliss
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Feb 2006

Anyone knows about hotel packages that doesnt require 4 or 5 nights stay

Comment

Working...