X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

the [ms] rpg thread...

I'm a HUGE rpg fan, nothing like sitting back and nerding out over your quest for hours. The following rpgs i have completed:

Star Ocean (the second story)
    Vagrant Story
    Final Fantasy 7
    Final Fantasy 9
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Xenosaga
    Xenogears
    Chrono Trigger
    Chrono Cross

I've also played pretty much every rpg out there, so what rpgs are you guys into?

also if you need help on any of the ones i mentioned above, feel free to ask me.

and if you want to discuss any rpgs feel free to do so

• thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: the [ms] rpg thread...

all the FF's after 7.
    star ocean 2 and 3
    lots more and all the MMO;s

oh yeah

OBLIVION
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

i'm playing knights of the old republic right now. i hate star wars, but the game is pretty fun. i like the open ended ones, not the final fantasy nonsense.

Comment

• anonin
        Juvenile Delinquent
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by tiddles
        i'm playing knights of the old republic right now. i hate star wars, but the game is pretty fun. i like the open ended ones, not the final fantasy nonsense.
        sweet, i loved that game, took forever to beat it. Where are you right now?

are you a jedi or a sith?

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

if you want open ended. play oblivion. seriously. there is a reason it is getting the best reviews ever, and if you have 360 everyone on your list is playing it. fucking sick game, so in depth, plenty of action, do whatever you want, or dont , but the game itself draws you in.

i.e. if you were to let your game sit for an hour, you would come back to someone giving talking to you asking for help with something. you could help them, you could find what they need and keep it or ignore them. and the plot lines in the side stories are sick the thieves guild alone accounts for about 10 hours of play.

Comment

• anonin
            Juvenile Delinquent
            • Oct 2005

open ended rpgs are cool, but my chief complaint about them is they are usually in first person. I CANNOT STAND FIRST PERSON RPGS, that shit gives me a headache. does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

• threehills
              I heart Lollergirl
              • Jun 2005

I am currently involved with Runescape. Its a somewhat cheesy Java based RPG, but I can play it at work and thats what counts most. I never really liked RPG, unless you can count GTA:SA as a role playing game, but I am kinda liking this so far.

Anyone else play? (you can find it on www.miniclip.com)

In college, a guy in my fraternity, on a full ride from Thialand, flunked out becuase he got so engrossed in everquest he stopped going to class. He would lock him self in his room, smoke cigarettes and play for 48 hours straight and then sleep for 12. Good times.
              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

anonoin , oblivion is 3rd person as well.

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Tom was just telling me about oblivion yesterday and how he's sucked into the Game. He sent me several screen shots to show what his Dual SLI 7800 nvidia's were pulling and the resolution was nothing short of numbing.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dannygroov
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Oct 2004

I'm playing OBLIVION as well. Great game, nice graphics, but I too fall into the "i suck at it" I'm level 5, and have decent armor/weapons and above average skills. For whatever reason I can't seem to put out damage against enemies. Goblins take forever to kill even when I do a sneak attack for the bonus. I comes to the point that each engagement lasts forever and I get almost no loot out of them. There seems to be a lack of equipment to purchase as well. Everywhere I go, I see the same crap weapons, iron, steel.... nothing "better" Just some complaints. Everything else is great.

Comment

• Digger
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2004

i finished the follow games...final fantansy 7,8,9......and im very looking forward for final fantasy 12.....is it for PS2?....anyway....is the only rpg i know and i love it.....also i were playing FFX-2 but not the same stuff pretty weird...
                      https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                      All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• dannygroov
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Oct 2004

FF10 was good too. I loved the stories behind 8 and 9 though, and ofc you can't beat the story on 7

Comment

• TomTom
                          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by dannygroov
                          I'm playing OBLIVION as well. Great game, nice graphics, but I too fall into the "i suck at it" I'm level 5, and have decent armor/weapons and above average skills. For whatever reason I can't seem to put out damage against enemies. Goblins take forever to kill even when I do a sneak attack for the bonus. I comes to the point that each engagement lasts forever and I get almost no loot out of them. There seems to be a lack of equipment to purchase as well. Everywhere I go, I see the same crap weapons, iron, steel.... nothing "better" Just some complaints. Everything else is great.
                          That's because the Game uses a new system of level-scaling. When you get better, the enemies get better as well. Also, the weapons and armor you find are depending on your level and grow with you. This level-scaling stops though once you have reached Level 20-25 and the enemies become way easier to defeat. Until you reached this point, I can only advice to turn the difficulty level slightly to the left before you bite your lips.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            Double hoodie beer monster
                            • Jun 2004

Best games ever: (in order)

Dragon Warrior 3
                            Final Fantasy 1
                            Dragon Warrior 4
                            Final Fantasy 7
                            Chrono Cross

I haven't played any RPGs in a while... now that I live alone I should probably start so I don't end up drinking my money away

Comment

• dannygroov
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                              That's because the Game uses a new system of level-scaling. When you get better, the enemies get better as well. Also, the weapons and armor you find are depending on your level and grow with you. This level-scaling stops though once you have reached Level 20-25 and the enemies become way easier to defeat. Until you reached this point, I can only advice to turn the difficulty level slightly to the left before you bite your lips.
                              hahah, yea I did read about the level-scaling. I also forgot about that difficulty slide bar. I recall moving it to the right a good 25%, LOL i'm such a newb.

Comment

Working...