X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

FLAC and os x

is there a way to play flac files on a mac? or at least convert them (i know that defeats the whole point) to .wav or something?
    i think toast can burn them to disc, but i don't have 10.4, so thats out
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: FLAC and os x

soundforge

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

If he is on a Mac, he can't use Soundforge as this Software is for the PC only.

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

sorry tomtom i wasnt aware of that

Comment

• unkownartist
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

try this http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/MacFLAC.shtml

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

i swear i tried that program earlier and all i got was errors. well, it works now...maybe new version?

thanks

Comment

• badtz
              Fresh Peossy
              • May 2005

the previous version of toast won't convert/burn FLAC files? If you upload them somewhere (yousendit.com?) and PM me, I can convert it for you and send it back

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

damn look at all the threads tiddles, move to windows maybe ?

I'm thinking of getting te 15 inch powerbook tho
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• miketpoto
                  Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kamal
                  damn look at all the threads tiddles, move to windows maybe ?

I'm thinking of getting te 15 inch powerbook tho
                  2 things.... Tiddles is new to his mac, and has ????'s, maybe he should just get my AIM account??? Ya hear that tiddles? IM me for ?'s

And Kamal, they don't make powerbooks anymore....
                  Last edited by picklemonkey; September 8, 2006, 04:45:26 PM.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

what do you recommend ? Maybe you can donate one from MTV to this Not for Profit organization called MS thats supporting the EDM scene and local DJs. Would be much appreciated
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• beanzncheez
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

Two of my friends just ordered the new MacBooks. They love them.
                      And FLAC rules. Especially since you can auto burn to disc and play it in the car. Woo!

Comment

• miketpoto
                        • Jan 2005

what do you recommend ? Maybe you can donate one from MTV to this Not for Profit organization called MS thats supporting the EDM scene and local DJs. Would be much appreciated
                        Hon, you just posted you don't have time to listen to more than one of my mixes a year, and the current state of MS as a board/community (not mercurysessions) is doing NOTHING for the scene or supporting more than a small handful of local DJ's at best.
                        It's gotten a little bit better over the past 2 weeks, but really, lets look at things realistically... this board is almost a fucking frathouse these days.

There isn't anything that grabs anyone window-shopping or browsing though the "lobby" that will get them to stay long enough before they discover that mercurysessions is an entirely different site, and then if they even begin listening regularly, they most likely don't become part of the MS community (unless you include the trade-post promos section that REALLY DOES WONDERS to promote the EDM local and underground scenes)

What has been the turnout to MS "supported" events?
                        What is the strategy to improve and innovate it moving forward?
                        Why would you want technology that is headed out the door for a personal machine?

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by miketpoto
                          Hon, you just posted you don't have time to listen to more than one of my mixes a year, and the current state of MS as a board/community (not mercurysessions) is doing NOTHING for the scene or supporting more than a small handful of local DJ's at best.
                          It's gotten a little bit better over the past 2 weeks, but really, lets look at things realistically... this board is almost a fucking frathouse these days.

There isn't anything that grabs anyone window-shopping or browsing though the "lobby" that will get them to stay long enough before they discover that mercurysessions is an entirely different site, and then if they even begin listening regularly, they most likely don't become part of the MS community (unless you include the trade-post promos section that REALLY DOES WONDERS to promote the EDM local and underground scenes)

What has been the turnout to MS "supported" events?
                          What is the strategy to improve and innovate it moving forward?
                          Why would you want technology that is headed out the door for a personal machine?
                          Geeezzz all we asked was a laptop, a simple "MTV will fuck me over" woulda done
                          and I'm still not sure what me not having the time to listen to music and donating laptops has to do with each other..... more margarita's at lunch potty ?
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• miketpoto
                            • Jan 2005

Geeezzz all we asked was a laptop, a simple "MTV will fuck me over" woulda done
                            and I'm still not sure what me not having the time to listen to music and donating laptops has to do with each other..... more margarita's at lunch potty ?
                            No mary, the listening to more than one of mixes a year might have given your argument of MS as a non-profit that's "supporting the EDM scene and local DJs" as a good selling point to ME for a laptop that would be personally for Kamal and not MS, to get me to sell the idea to MTV's donation approval department.

I love you to pieces and all, my comments about the board were things that are legitimate concerns that happened to come up because of the way you phrased "supporting the EDM scene and local DJs" and the inconsistencies between that being a truth and that being the intended purpose for the site. The site does relate itself to music a lot, but as far as using the word supporting as a verb, it's really not doing anything at the moment to earn that description... the disenchantment around here is not imaginary, and it wouldn't do me or the site any good to not say something about it. The thought just occurred to me that the focus seems to be a lot more on the structure and shape of MS lately then on the content and energy.... I guess?

I really think that the site has to have it's own persona apart from just the forums, the sets, and the radio stream... Articles, Editorials, Commentary, Resources and probably many things I haven't thought of at all but that would also work well to give the front yard of the site a representation/taste/summary of the vibe and people who make MS what it is in the forums and as musicians/creators...

It's a very small core group of people who actually post often and that group seems to be changing but not really growing. The promos section isn't a bad thing, but there isn't a lot of personal interaction other than trainspotting going on in there (which is good to have, but it represents a large % of the boards active members and it doesn't bring something fresh or new to the site at all). I want to be able to tell people about the site who will find not only music, but also people that talk about things intelligently and diversely enough that they will want to become a part of that group.

-It would be really difficult to rely on just whatever posts happen to be going on that day
                            -the two banners at the top that advertise something that happens once a month
                            -the current music playing

For these things to be intriguing and substantial enough for someone to browse a while, and then to keep someone's interest level high enough to want to return on a regular basis let alone participate... There has to be content that isn't in just post format for them to say to themselves, "I wanna go check out what they have got goin on over there at MS".

in closing and in good fun, think of it like this...
                            MS should be like Ron Burgundy, somebody that everyone wants to be around, who you want to get your news from, and be seen with...

MS should be able to get away with saying, "Damn I look good!" and "HEY EVERYBODY, COME AND SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK!" and "I'm Ron Burgundy?"

It feels more like MS is saying "I LOVE LAMP!" and "UH, OH! WHAMMY!" at the moment....

Comment

• beanzncheez
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

^^

Comment

Working...