X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelbirney
    Getting warmed up
    • Aug 2004

No Limit Texas Hold'em-Any takers?Favorite players?WSOP2004

Anyone out there been watching the World Series of Poker on ESPN or watch World Poker Tour events on the tube?? Its been rediculous so far this year. My favorite player definitely has to be Gus Hansen, although he's been eliminated from the World Series. He plays shit and wins. Gotta love it. P.S.-don't post the winner of the World Series; I know it already took place, but want to watch it week by week and not know who wins 'til the final table. thanks.
    "These are the kind of people who, when they read about the evils of drinking, they give up reading." - Herb Cohen
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

wayne rooney wins

Comment

• hulkhuss
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Re:: No Limit Texas Hold'em-Any takers?Favorite players?WSOP

fat ass fossil with the funny glasses must have a horeshoe up his ass
      http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

my boy, Matt Dean makes it to the final round of 8. he came in 7th place and won something like $575,000... now that is a nice paycheck!
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Poker is the pet rock of the sports world.
          Cat formerly known as Cheshire
          *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• michaelbirney
            Getting warmed up
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
            wayne rooney wins
            thanks dick
            "These are the kind of people who, when they read about the evils of drinking, they give up reading." - Herb Cohen

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

^ wayne rooney is a footballer.. not a poker player :wink:

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Not my favorite player by any stretch, but that Dutch Boyd guy (came in 11th, I think, last year -- not sure how he did this year, although I know I've seen him on there) went to law school with me. He was only 15 when he started and had his mom drive him to school every day.

He pretty much acted like you might expect a 15 year old who was already in law school would act -- kinda cocky, and pretty much kept to himself and did his thing. I about flipped when I saw him on there!

Comment

• mingus51
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Man I was pulling for Doyle Brunsen to get his 10th bracelet...then some no-name chump who'll more than likely go bust by the next episode had to go all in on him with nothing and get lucky....

The man invented poker...he should have a seat at every final table bar none...

Now I turn my efforts toward Chris "Jesus" Ferguson...If these lucky talentless hacks like Chris Moneymaker keep winning these championships its going to end up shitty like every other thing that gets popular in America....

The day I see Paris Hilton in the final round is the day I throw my television away and take up needlepoint.

Comment

• Kinetic
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Amazing...they show Poker matches on American TV?

All I can imagine in my head is a bunch of Mobsters with a table covered in cigarette butts and whiskey glasses...
                    "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                    http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• CSquare
                      Addiction started
                      • Jul 2004

hold'em on tv is pretty addicting

i can't understand how they broadcast darts in europe.

Comment

• LV-8
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

I'm all about Jesus or Ming the Master :wink:

Comment

• hear_my_name
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jul 2004

i couldnt play texas hold'em if my life depended on it!! i wanan learn but .. im just soo bad at poker its not even funny.. i should get my mom to teach me.. hahah shes pretty good at taking other ppls money at poker... hahah yes my mother.... great.... i guess its an asian thing.. :?

but watchin texas hold'em is very interestin.. has anybody seen the strip poker on tv.. hhahhaha GREAT... me and my bf were watchin it.. hey who said. i wasnt allowed to look.. great girls.. but i think the ugliest one won IMO..
                          Any day above ground... Is A Good Day!

Comment

• michaelbirney
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
                            ^ wayne rooney is a footballer.. not a poker player :wink:
                            i had no idea--thanks

Comment

• bananapeel
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Poker has totally gone mainstream now, lots of people who only see it as a chance for to get rich quick after a no name won last year.
                              I don't know what the number of entires records are but they have definitely jumped exponentially over the last few years. The more people you have entered the contest, the more the chances of luck befalling on some amateur to the scene, the guys who are the professional poker players have less and less chance of winning the whole pot.

Comment

Working...