X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Prediction: Iraq in the headlines will go away soon

Once this election is over(whoever wins) then this argument over Iraq and WMDs will cease. Imo, the only reason the Democrats and papers go on and on about this issue is because it's political fire to use against Bush and quite frankly I don't blame them. They gotta do whatever to win.

But, my point is that does anyone really give a shit about this country in the Western Hemisphere? Saddams is caught, Sadr is giving up, there are no WMDs, the troops will be leaving in '05, and a new government is in place. Unless something wild happens then it's no longer newsworthy.

So my point is to all those still worked up over Iraq, you'll need to find something else to bitch about soon.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • neur0t0xin64
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

what a retarded statement. superdave your prophetic theories are not only delusive, but also almost inevitably mendacious. wise up.
    "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

what makes you the master of the politics forum neuro?
      you have a ddad in office or something?
      you seem to have a "i'm superior to you" type mentality when it comes to anything political.
      bla bla bla.
      this is a music forum.
      wise up man.

edit:
      and quite frankly, i'll be happy when i dont have to hear something about iraq every 10 seconds of my life.
      i hope after the election is over and our troops are home, that the media can focus on something else for a minute or two til the next kobe bryant hearing is born.

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

dude im sooo joking. relax. hah dont you see im being the unequivical politician. its funny as hell how as soon as it comes to politics, there is like this whole new tone taken on. jigbolly dont be offended, i come to this site for what it brings musically. its fun sometimes though taking on that sagacious, smart ass, shrewd attitude. just having fun here guys.

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Re: Prediction: Iraq in the headlines will go away soon

Originally posted by superdave";p="
          Once this election is over(whoever wins) then this argument over Iraq and WMDs will cease. Imo, the only reason the Democrats and papers go on and on about this issue is because it's political fire to use against Bush and quite frankly I don't blame them. They gotta do whatever to win.

But, my point is that does anyone really give a shit about this country in the Western Hemisphere? Saddams is caught, Sadr is giving up, there are no WMDs, the troops will be leaving in '05, and a new government is in place. Unless something wild happens then it's no longer newsworthy.

So my point is to all those still worked up over Iraq, you'll need to find something else to bitch about soon.
          I guess I see your point, but we just reached 998 troops that have died over there. As long as our troops are dying gruesome deaths on a daily basis over there, yeah, I guess I do kinda care.

Comment

• krelm
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

I think Iraq will be out of the headlines when either:
            1) we invade another country (I saw some shifty-looking Canadians giving me the evil eye once )
            2) US troops quit getting killed there

I don't see either of those happening anytime soon. And considering that the situation there hasn't really stabilized much in the past few months, and isn't exactly looking so great right now, is it really likely that US troops will be gone by 2005?

Even without the debate on WMD and Bush's handling of the war/occupation, which will likely tone down after the election, there is still going to be enough going on in Iraq to keep the news outlets busy for quite awhile.

Just wait until Sadam is put on trial - that is definitely going to get ridiculous amounts of coverage.
            Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
            www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
            - Stimutacs

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

fair enough neuro.
              :P

Comment

• Balanc3
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

frankly i could give a hoot about seeing Iraq in the headlines, at least it gives the parents of soldiers something to watch in hopes of maybe seeing their sons or daughters alive and well. What really torks me is this Scott Peterson case.... fuck who gives a shit about this guy. He is a nobody... so I'm hoping the Scott Peteron trial will disapear when the MJ trial begins.
                JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

I agree, the only reason there is soooo much media coverage is because the overly liberal media in the USA wants Bush out. BTW guess what? No one likes Kerry. He is a shady ass son of a bitch who has spent his entire adult life rubbing elbows and making connections in DC. But he's not Bush and that's why people support him. My prediction, Kerry in 04, McCain in 08 mark my words.

Comment

Working...