• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

About to see Luke Fair Tonight!!

On my to catch Luke Fair at Blast Windsor Ontario. Comes on at 12:00 til 4
    Really enjoyed his last couple of mixes can't wait to see him again.
  • dan bain
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2004

Re: About to see Luke Fair Tonight!!

indeed!

I'll see you there!!!
    www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• nbpgt
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

well howd it go? i loved about 1/2 of his set (cause i was late) last time he was here.. he brought it & didnt hold back..

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

I thought he played a good set. It wasn't mind blowing or anything just goor music for a couple of hours. Of course the bar was shit though because Blast sucks. I hate the lighting and the floor made of hard tiles. They have a good line-up coming though with Zabiela on Oct 10 and Dekoze on in Nov. Will def. be checking those two out later but as for the rest that bar is full of stupid people..

Comment

• dan bain
          Getting warmed up
          • Jul 2004

i really enjoyed Luke's set. (as well as the unusually potnet cocktails @ the bar)

the crowd was considerably larger than the lst time he was through and he seemed quite a bit more focused.

he played his usual signature concoction of funky, retro-esque prog. The only track i recognized was the King unique remix of Ride. he dropped a couple really acidy tracks that were really tight and got into some pretty heavy stuff by about 3:00. Unfortunately I had to cash in my chips around that time as much as I would have liked to stick around.

As far as the venue is concerned I actually enjoy it. (despite the constant strobe light abuse)

I am looking forward to the aforementioned shows as well as Desyn Masiello on october 3rd!
          www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• hear_my_name
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2004

personally.. i really hate the lightin guy.. i always get a headache in that bar.. is there really any need for the lights.. but the set was ok.. he was lil off and on..but not the best ive ever heard..
            Any day above ground... Is A Good Day!

Comment

• dpunk
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2004

I know the lighting guy personally and will pass along ur comments, he is a good guy and he really gets into it, maybe a little too much... i understand.
              if u check out the Desyn or JZ shows hopefully u will notice an improvement with the lights. As far as the floor of the club goes i cant really do anything about that oh... and the stupid people as well,,, and i hope u dont think i am one of them
              i actually arrived at the show when Luke was playing the Ride Rmx 2:30am or so, there seemed to be a good vibe in there and everybody i talked to said they were having a good time, which was a lot better than the Steve Porter show which turned out to be a bit of a disaster. (Not because of Steve of course)

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

We travelled from Toronto for the event and we were all definitely satisfied. Everyone in the club, including the promoters and the staff were super cool. It was really refreshing to be in a club with so many people dedicated to the music.

Luke played a really nice set and I know he too had a really good time. The hour surrounding the Ride was really pumping and the crowd was really into it...tons of fun.

Props to Natalie for putting together a fantastic opening set. One of the better programmed sets that I've heard before a Luke gig this year. Blast is a great club, and will only get better as the big names keep rolling through.
                WHAT'S GOING DOWN
                IN OUR UNDERGROUND
                bringthebeats

Comment

• dpunk
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2004

i will pass along your thoughts about Natalie's set since she happens to be my girlfriend. :wink: Glad to hear a u had a good time, and even though Blast is in Windsor and it is always a struggle, Remo(manager), myself, Natalie & Abdul (dj's) and Jani, Waseem(promoters-especially these guys) are trying. Anyways, hope to have Luke back again in the new year probably (what i am told) if things are going well.

take care

Comment

• Global Eyes
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

loose the fogger,please

Comment

Working...