Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

SanDisk Preps Flash Drives For Notebooks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

SanDisk Preps Flash Drives For Notebooks

Interesting. Anyone gonna jump on the band wagon when they become available?

• Homskillet
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: SanDisk Preps Flash Drives For Notebooks

I'll jump on it... if the price is right! A little bigger then 32 GB would be nice too.
    https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

The SanDisk SSD can reach a sustained read rate of 62MB/sec and a random read rate 100 times faster than standard hard drives. Boot time for Windows Vista can be as short as 35 seconds. Flash drives have an estimated mean time before failure of two million hours, around six times that of a hard disk. They consume only 0.4 watts of power during use vs. 1.0 watts from a regular drive. More important, with no moving parts, there's no heat, and in a laptop, that's a major concern.
      Interesting

Consumers, though, may not appreciate the $600 premium for a laptop equipped with the SanDisk SSD drive, especially since it's only 32GB in capacity, well below that of standard laptop drives.
      Turn off

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

this will be particularly useful when Vista Notebooks debut since Vista abuses the power to come on and off at the click of a button (Sleep function) thanks to flash drives
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

Yea...steep price but that is the way of all new technology.

Comment

Working...