X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Camera/Installation Help!

So I have a new laptop and low and behold no matter what I do I cannot get my camera to work with it....and I am guessing it has something to do with Vista

My camera is an older model, the Canon EOS D30 (not the 30D) and the only drivers I can find are for Windows ME/2000/XP....when I attempt to install the drivers, nothing. It won't even install them!

I have tried just plugging the camera in and I can see it in my device driver, but I can't access it anywhere

I am really quite upset as I will be heartbroken if I can't use my camera. I was going to just put the card in the laptop's card reader, but its the wrong type of card.

If anyone on here at all knows any way at all to get something to work with Vista, please help
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Camera/Installation Help!

Well I just checked with Canon's website and they do not have a drive compatible with Vista for my camera...I am really bummed
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

are you just using USB?

You can always get an external card reader ... actually a lot better world. I was also using my camera and connecting it via USB. I bought an external card reader and my transfer rate doubled if not tripled. Canon is horrible at transfer rates, just horrible. They do not even use 33% of the possible rates via USB.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

^^^ hmmm

I honestly never thought of a card reader....that's a good idea actually!

And yes, the USB transfer rate is slow and annoying, so this will help that? Is there a particular type of card reader that is best?
        sigpic

Comment

• asdf_admin
          i use to be important
          • Jun 2004

i use a high end lexar ... just to due to 800 fire and that all my cards are high volume 8 gigs.

just make sure it is a CF (Compact Flash) reader and you will be golden. You can spend a lot if you want, but it is not needed. If you get something cheap it will do the trick, and it will allow you to continue to take beautiful photos.
          dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...