X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nugroove
    Getting warmed up
    • Sep 2004

Sasha & Jimmy Van M @ Avalon Hollywood [TICKETS ON SALE

WOOHOO... Just bought my tickets for Sasha and Jimmy Van M at Avalon Hollywood on Oct 23, 2004 (Sat. Night)... $30 a ticket!!!

You can buy your tickets on GrooveTickets

Here's the link to the venue: GrooveTickets.com
  • shahracerx
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha & Jimmy Van M @ Avalon Hollywood [TICKETS ON S

I hate to burst your bubble dude... but Jimmy Van M is a train wreck live... I saw him at Spundae with Mr. Burridge... horrible mix, I was so happy when Burridge came on... and as for Sasha... come on dude.... seriously? Sasha is the biggest dick live, he is so full of himself and thinks he's better then most dj's, even though he probably is... but still. I was at the 4th of July Ivar party where Hernan and Howells were spinning, and out of nowhere coked out Sasha comes in and starts spinning with HOwells, i mean its cool and all... but i really wanted to hear a Danny Howells set...not Sasha. I hope you have fun though.

Comment

• definiteform
      Fresh Peossy
      • Oct 2004

This is one of the reasons I am not a Sasha whore anymore. I absolutely loved him from 2000-2003. I saw him live at the Red Jacket; he did sign my poster that I stole off of the wall, but he was very unenthusiastic live.

Zabiela on the other hand, absolutely loved seeing him last Saturday. He really appreciates his fans and his sets. =))))

Comment

• nugroove
        Getting warmed up
        • Sep 2004

Honestly, I agree with you guys... I've seen Sasha and Digweed WAY too many time since 1994. And I totally agree that Sasha's ego has gotten too big in the past few years as he's become a household name. But one thing I know... The man is a great DJ. I think there are allot of other great DJ's out there that don't get any credit for their sets (not anywhere close to Sasha anyways). Chris Fortier, Zabiela to name a few!

Comment

• the sun the sea
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shahracerx";p="
          I hate to burst your bubble dude... but Jimmy Van M is a train wreck live... I saw him at Spundae with Mr. Burridge... horrible mix, I was so happy when Burridge came on... and as for Sasha... come on dude.... seriously? Sasha is the biggest dick live, he is so full of himself and thinks he's better then most dj's, even though he probably is... but still. I was at the 4th of July Ivar party where Hernan and Howells were spinning, and out of nowhere coked out Sasha comes in and starts spinning with HOwells, i mean its cool and all... but i really wanted to hear a Danny Howells set...not Sasha. I hope you have fun though.
          jimmy van m has his days.

he always did a great job of opening up for sasha & digweed by getting the crowd wet with anticipation.

i saw him last year with james zabiela at spundae@circus and he was off the hook. he played a truly banging set. i was very impressed.

but, he has been known to fuck things up. so i guess it's a hit or miss.

btw, what's up shahracerx? haven't heard from you since digweed? i'm assuming you made it out alive? he was incredible that night. too bad i could only stay until 3:30 am. i had class at 8:00!!! obviously, i took the day off.
          download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• konighmail
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

I got mine for 35 bucks. I guess the price went up a bit. Anyways, its still reasonable. Im pretty sure it will sell out quick, so go and buy those tix.
            It will be a great night out. See u guys there.

Comment

• shahracerx
              Getting warmed up
              • Jun 2004

Digweed was freakin' awesome man, sorry i haven't talked to you since, i've been hella busy with class work and other sh!t so i haven't been posting that much. Anyhow.....Digweed, now there is a proper DJ, hence this progressive community we are communicating in exists. (Sorry, I migh tnot be makin sense b/c i am a little baked right now) We need Digweed to slap Sasha for us, I am sure he will.

Comment

• tripsy
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jul 2004

Can not wait to see there two guys together. I have to hear for myself to be able to judge.

Comment

• garse valley
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Oct 2004

Zabiela on the other hand, absolutely loved seeing him last Saturday. He really appreciates his fans and his sets. =))))[/quote]....... I would love to check Zabiela live!!!! he's got to be off the heeee zeeeee.. I checked him out once but it was warm up duties for sasha,and I didn't get a feel of what he is about. BUT I scored a couple sets around town and he changed my mind big time. Could be the #1 fav right here folks! I'll make the call when I hear it go down live ..... Check out @moscow 04 best intro solid set i love it 10... [web:e6054f5f9a]http://www.globalclubbing.ru/mp3.html?lang=en[/web:e6054f5f9a]

Comment

• nugroove
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Sep 2004

wow... Tickers went from $30 to $35, and now $40... Does Sasha's fees go up by the hour too???

Comment

• tripsy
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jul 2004

Hey.I need a ticket. Can any body help me.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                        Vortexuralizor
                        • Jun 2004

just cos jimmy had an off night when some of you saw him, doesnt mean he sucks at every gig.
                        i've seen him play 7 or 8 times, and its usually some quality bizzniss.
                        i'd be excited for this party.
                        have fun guys!

Comment

• mmglobal
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Sep 2004

What's up with that anyway? Jimmy, everytime I've seen him, is too fu@#ed up or late or something. I saw him w/ John Debo @spundae in chicago once, and that was off the hook. When he's on...he's sooo on though. so i keep going back for more. what can i say? even on the Delta Heavy tour, he didn't show. they had q6 play and then his manager threw down a few. ???? bummer. then sashweed topped me off nicely. Have fun, send a review my way. Peace.
                          Peace.

Comment

Working...