X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Satellite Radio - US

I've heard a bit about XM Radio, but does anyone have any opinions on Sirius satellie radio? do they even compare? pros/cons? Any comments would be appreciated.
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."
  • Galapidate
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Can you get Kiss 100 w/ XM Radio?

Comment

• Civic_Zen
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Just wait for digital radio. Why pay for radio when all your favs will be broadcast digitally for free soon. I don't know if Proton has been looking into this, but a lot of the now digital internet radio stations will be available, you just have to own a compatible device like you would with XM.

It just depends on you I guess. A lot of my friends like it, but they aren't as in tune to the music as I am. Music in general, not just Electronic. I have more music that I get off the internet, then I can even find time to listen to. Plus, I have a Kenwood Deck in my car that plays MP3's off CD, which I've had since it came out (one of the first MP3 compatible decks) so XM would be a complete waste of money for me.

I honestly can't imagine many people on this board getting their money's worth from XM or sirius. I mean, the best station on it is XM 80, the Move, which actually broadcast's Thump Radio, and the best sets they've had on XM have been available for download (WMC Sets @ The Palms) any way.
      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Galapidate
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

I think XM also has Radio 1 for The Essential Mix, no?

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Galapidate
          I think XM also has Radio 1 for The Essential Mix, no?
          No it doesn't have jack. The only radio station on it that you would recognize would be Thump Radio, which broadcast's some (if not all) of its shows on XM 80, The Move.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

Ruby ... I would wait my friend. Unless you travel a lot ... like out of state or within borders of a state. It truly is not worth it ... yes you do get cool channels (like 5-7) ... depends on what you are into. Some are free of commercials (about 25%-50%) and the rest are just big radio networks.

My buddy has one and frankly he listened to it for about a month ... now i burn him cds. lol.

think of it this way ... like cable tv ... there is tons of "shit" on the air ... now you have it every where you go ... :wink:

if you are a truck driver ... you must have it.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

I have XM, love it.

Sirus v. XM really comes down to hardware and news programs and where you lean on the political spectrum.

Believe it or not, Sirus has more liberal news stations, XM more conservativce ones. Odd i know.

Other than that, the two are liscensed with different manufacturers....like...

XM - Pioneer/sony/Alpine
              Sirus - Kenwood, umm....

I spend a lot of time in my car for work driving to differnet accounts, so XM is a necessity for me.

Comment

• GerryD
                I love skanking
                • Jun 2004

it seems like XM has a bit more radio stations. I just started doing some research myself on this subject . In all honesty it looks like whatever Opie and Anthony decide to head off to will help with my decision
                "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

Working...