X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Deep Dish - Orlando

Friday November 5 Deep Dish will be at House of Blues in Orlando. That's right, 2 days after Sander will be at Icon. Doors open at 9pm and the cost is $17.50.

A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

saw them wreak havoc in icon a few times.
    one of the times it was sharam alone and he slaughtered the dance floor!
    Ohh the days of Ooo-Town

Comment

• being clever
      Getting Somewhere
      • Sep 2004

was that the show when Sharam left the decks and walked around on the dance floor for a bit, doing what appeared to be a sound-check?

If so, he played this fucking great track that I haven't heard since. It had a female vocal naming all of life's vices and the punch-line was "cocaine." Deep Dish always entertains.
      "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

FACK!!!

Taken from the HOB site:
        WITH SPECIAL GUEST OPENER JIMMY JOSLIN

I'm praying he has a bad case of the runs that night.

Comment

• sakio pod
          SALAD TOSSER
          • Jun 2004

yeah no shit fuck that joslin sucks.......dd usually plays open to close at something like this. we should contact hob and tell them not to let him open. guess i'll just go late

Comment

• being clever
            Getting Somewhere
            • Sep 2004

Jimmy Joslin isn't he a local DJ in Orlando? His name sounds familiar...I think I saw one of his demos at "On The Edge" in Lakeland years ago. Yeah, it was wedged in between breakbeats and breakbeats.
            "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by being clever
              Jimmy Joslin isn't he a local DJ in Orlando? His name sounds familiar...I think I saw one of his demos at "On The Edge" in Lakeland years ago. Yeah, it was wedged in between breakbeats and breakbeats.
              Yeah he is. Actually I'd like to say he's a local DJ in Apopka that way Orlando doesn't have to take credit for him but I don't think we'll get that lucky. Apopka already has one terrible DJ right Sickboy? Anyway, I can't even believe his promo was in the breakbeat section...you would have thought they would've given the guy his own section: "Shitbeats"

Comment

• Trancelucent One
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

I'll actually be making it out for this one too!! Can't wait, it's been too long since I've heard good beats. Sander then Deep Dish, and no tests this week, life is good
                ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• SickBoy
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

Yeah he is. Actually I'd like to say he's a local DJ in Apopka that way Orlando doesn't have to take credit for him but I don't think we'll get that lucky. Apopka already has one terrible DJ right Sickboy? Anyway, I can't even believe his promo was in the breakbeat section...you would have thought they would've given the guy his own section: "Shitbeats"[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

• BeachBum
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

I want to go damnit
                    The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• evangelion
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Re: Deep Dish - Orlando

I'll be there. I was just at the House of Blues Friday night and man did I forget how nice that place is. I can't even imagine how sick this show is gonna be.

Comment

• sakio pod
                        SALAD TOSSER
                        • Jun 2004

just got up from last nights show. its been almost two years since i've seen dd they still know how to rock the house. it was a good night for orlando

Comment

• Trancelucent One
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

I was unable to make it Glad you had a good time sakio....maybe I'll be able to come out one of these days!
                          ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• evangelion
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sakio pod
                            just got up from last nights show. its been almost two years since i've seen dd they still know how to rock the house. it was a good night for orlando
                            Yeah...this show was definitely one of the best in LONG time. We got there kinda early and there was like 30 people there and I was like "What the hell???" But by the time Sharam hit the decks the dance floor was packed and it was ON!!!! It was nice to finally see Ali. The other 4 times I had seen "Deep Dish", it was Sharam only. Seeing them both lay it down was one for the books. I seriously hope they keep having shows at the House of Blues, that place is perfect.

Comment

• DJB
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

Went to the show and it WAS good. They both played some really deep driving hypnotic basslines. Pounding stuff!! At 12:30 or 1:30AM cant rememgber, heard a remix with Guns and Roses Sweet Child O Mine with guitar riff. Pretty incredible stuff...place went absolutely insane. Some of there music can get pretty repeditive at times but overall they went OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              DJB

Comment

Working...