X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • el presidente Highsteppa
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Shaw Brothers

This brings back so many memories from when I was a kid and Buffalo 29 used to host the Kung Fu Theatre on Saturdays and Sundays back in the early 80's. Runme and Run Run Shaw revolutionized the kung fu film and set in motion some of the most innovative kung fu/revenge driven films ever commited to film.

The Shaw Brothers library have been re-released on DVD, and I've been on a bender watching their old classics over the last couple of weeks and I can't help but recommend these films to anyone who loves a good action film/kung fu film or dug any of the recent wire fu films that have been coming in a steady stream since The Matrix.

Just over the last couple of weeks, I've managed to check out Crippled Avengers, 36 Chambers of the Shaolin, Return to the 36 Chambers, Five Venoms, One Armed Swordsman and a host of others.

For the uninitiated, the Shaw Brothers were chief inspiration for Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill, and so much so, that Tarantino lifted the character of Pai Mei from one of their films (can't remember the title, but he's an ?ber-bad ass in it).

Check them out if you can find them. Most Chinatown DVD stores are carrying them partly to cash in on guailos like me.
    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫
Working...