X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • e808
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Sasha Last night in Chicago

Anyone else go? I thought it was top notch. Well, the parts I remember at least. After the first hour, the rest is kind of a blur...

Sean Cusick was really good too.
  • Pebbles
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

I miss it.... :cry:

Comment

• live1
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jun 2004

Attention: anyone who thinks Sasha has lost his touch or is yesterdays news.....

THINK AGAIN MO FO'S

Sasha blew Sound Bar into the atmosphere last night. I only recognized maybe 3 tracks all night and he kept the tension high in pure Sasha style, mixing flawlessly some really funky (and sometimes downright dirty) grooves into his famous melodic whirlpool.

He's back in the game folks. This was a Sasha like I haven't heard in a long time (and I've seen him NUMEROUS times). He seemed to have found a new groove. Don't ask me to explain it. . . . just go see him on this tour and find out for yourselves. . . it's new. . . it's fresh. . . it's different. . . yet DISTINCTLY Sasha in feel.

amazing. THANKS SASHA!!!!

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

What about the all cd thing though. That is cool that he is doing that b/c eventually I think everyone will but does it sound as good or no.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• ixai
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jun 2004

He played on 11 of June @ Pacha, Barcelona, and read awful summaries about the night. Lots of "fashion people", really hot inside and bad work at the decks. Could be just a day though...

Comment

• live1
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

I don't know what CD thing you speak of. But I'm not a tech person. I just listen to the music and dance. If it takes me somewhere through some mystical magical landscape and makes me feel something then the DJ has done his job. I didn't notice anything bazarre or "off" about the set at all. If he's using some new CD thing, then hats off, it must've worked.

I did notice however he was doing a lot of James Zabelia-esque tweaking and scratching. some of these builds....he'd fuck with something to sustain the sounds and then you'd hear zips and pauses and scratches and warbles. He would keep the anticipation high....the crowd coudn't get enough. hed fuck with it till you JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. . . . then SLAM, you'd get some crazy funky bassline to release the tension. He was doing that a lot.

Comment

• dali18
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

sounds good mate.

nice review.

thanxz.

Comment

• mingus51
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

I knew some people that went last night and said it was terrific.

I'm trying to find pics of the show b/c I want to see this eqipment they needed to "Special order/set up" for him...

Was he mixing off a laptop? That's supposed to be his next step.

Comment

• live1
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2004

no laptop.

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by live1
                    Attention: anyone who thinks Sasha has lost his touch or is yesterdays news.....

THINK AGAIN MO FO'S

Sasha blew Sound Bar into the atmosphere last night. I only recognized maybe 3 tracks all night and he kept the tension high in pure Sasha style, mixing flawlessly some really funky (and sometimes downright dirty) grooves into his famous melodic whirlpool.

He's back in the game folks. This was a Sasha like I haven't heard in a long time (and I've seen him NUMEROUS times). He seemed to have found a new groove. Don't ask me to explain it. . . . just go see him on this tour and find out for yourselves. . . it's new. . . it's fresh. . . it's different. . . yet DISTINCTLY Sasha in feel.

Excellently put bro, i also saw him recently and this sums it up nicely, good stuff :P

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

The man's on top form at present ... his recent 4-hours at Renaissance (The Bomb) will live long in the memory. Hopefully this will silence those critics that seems to think he keeps playing the same old stuff.

Can't wait for his appearances at Space and Pacha.
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• mw-1
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Damn, I missed this show. Was too busy hitting up the suburban bars drinking all their Cuervo and hitting on stupid suburban girls. Good times

Homepage:

www.wahimusic.com

Myspace:

www.myspace.com/wahimusic

Comment

• cmd
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by live1

THINK AGAIN MO FO'S

i didnt go the other night to see sasha, i had a feeling it was gonna be bad. from what i gather by talking with people who have the same taste in music as mine and who went to see sasha at crobar in ny, the man is out of the game. one of the worst performances ive heard of. though i guess he did amazing job in chicago, new york did not have the chance to see the sasha that i know - if he still exists! of course, some people loved the new sasha...

Comment

• dawnx
                            The Donator
                            • Jun 2004

It's nice to hear the Man Like is back to his normal perfect self, for a while I was loosing interest & I like alot of you here worship him.

Comment

• spacestation
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

Going Friday in Boston, hopefully he'll get more than 2 hrs.

Comment

Working...