X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaStottman
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2004

MLB Steroid Scandal

I was just wondering for those of you have been keeping up with the news about it, what you guys think. Like what type of punishment should Bonds & Giambi and any other thoughts you have.
    My Top 5 Tunes Of The Moment:

Beckers - Fake (Greg Churchill Remix)
    4Mal - Twilight
    Formulate - The Voice Of Qi
    Mat Leutwyler & Jason Suzuki - The Contended Gastronome (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)
    Classic Tune: Djum Djum - Difference
  • thezzapper
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

i think it's sad that jason giambi will be the fall guy. he told the truth to a grand jury, & someone violated his civil rights by leaking that testimony. barry bonds, on the other hand, lied to a grand jury when he said he had no idea what he was shooting up his body with. now there is talk of banning giambi from the game, but not bonds.

one look at barry bonds tells you he has used "performance enhancing drugs". as for giambi, & all his medical problems last season, anyone with a brain figured out that his problems were directly related to steroid use.

anyone remember the NFL player from the 80's, lyle alzado? he died so young, pathetic, weak & shriveled up from steroid use. people that use steroids are killing themselves, & cheating the sport they play in.

punishment? how can you dole out punishment when there is no firm policy in place? will this situation with giambi change anything? i think not. baseball is notoriously slow & very conservative when it comes to any change in any policy.

F*cking sad...
    sigpic

Comment

• DaStottman
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2004

Well if policy does change and drug-testing is more strict, do you think they can face big punishments? Or would it be ex post facto in a sense?
      My Top 5 Tunes Of The Moment:

Beckers - Fake (Greg Churchill Remix)
      4Mal - Twilight
      Formulate - The Voice Of Qi
      Mat Leutwyler & Jason Suzuki - The Contended Gastronome (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)
      Classic Tune: Djum Djum - Difference

Comment

• thezzapper
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

you can't punish people for something they did when policy wasn't in effect. going forward, ban them from the game...
        sigpic

Comment

• esef
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

oh yeah, i stay keenly focused on ANY topic that gets the president's attention...

BTW, where's our buddy OSAMA BIN LADEN????????????????????

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• thezzapper
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by esef
            oh yeah, i stay keenly focused on ANY topic that gets the president's attention...

huh??
            sigpic

Comment

• RuOnPoint
              Getting Somewhere
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by thezzapper
              i think it's sad that jason giambi will be the fall guy. he told the truth to a grand jury, & someone violated his civil rights by leaking that testimony. barry bonds, on the other hand, lied to a grand jury when he said he had no idea what he was shooting up his body with. now there is talk of banning giambi from the game, but not bonds.

one look at barry bonds tells you he has used "performance enhancing drugs". as for giambi, & all his medical problems last season, anyone with a brain figured out that his problems were directly related to steroid use.

anyone remember the NFL player from the 80's, lyle alzado? he died so young, pathetic, weak & shriveled up from steroid use. people that use steroids are killing themselves, & cheating the sport they play in.

punishment? how can you dole out punishment when there is no firm policy in place? will this situation with giambi change anything? i think not. baseball is notoriously slow & very conservative when it comes to any change in any policy.

F*cking sad...
              If you want to play, ya gotta pay. I have no more remorse for Giambi than I do for Barry Bonds. Yeah, it sucks for Giambi that there was a Grand Jury leak, but the truth is the truth and it will get out sooner or later. Fuck this secrecy crap. Also, Bonds didn't shoot anything up, it was an oral steroid (what he thought was Flaxseed Oil) and a cream that is absorbed through the skin.

Of course Bonds was on roids', it is so easy to spot, his big fat face (bloating) and huge gains in size and power. Doping is nothing new. Bonds just had a connection for a drug that was invisible. In fact, if it wasn't for the track coach that spilled the beans, Bonds and all the track athletes that were taking would still be on it. What they were taking was UNDETECTABLE by current drug testing standards. How do you test for a substance that you don't know exist?

As far as Lyle Alzado goes, his methods of using steroids and HGH were probably so outdated and the products so crude that he fucked himself. These days the drugs are much more refined, the method of delivery, the cycle of use, etc is much more sophisticated. While there will be adverse side effects, it can be used "safely."

While there is no firm policy in place, I think that banning them from the sport is too harsh a penalty. In all the sports that I am familiar with (mostly cycling) there a penalties imposed. One or two years depending on the govering body. A one or two year ban could spell the end for Bonds ( I think) but sends a clear message that if you get caught you will pay for it.

Comment

• esef
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thezzapper
                Originally posted by esef

huh??

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

Working...