X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

The Aviator

I know, I know...Leo, well let me tell you, he deserves an Oscar nod for this role. I already knew the whole story of Howard Hughes going in, but he still pulled it off magnificently. I loved all the cameos (most of them by really hot chicks BTW). Anyone notice Gwen Stefani (not one of said hot chicks) as the girl he walked up to the movie premier with. I could totally relate to how he was because I'm convinced I've got OCD too. I doubt I'll be locking myself in a room for weeks on end, but some of his little tendencies where totally me.

Either way, it was an awesome movie. Ever since The Beach, and especially with Catch Me If You Can, Leo has started to work his way back into my book. It's not his fault he was the star of one of the most successful (read: played out) movies of all time. When it comes down to it he is a great actor. And you can tell he is trying to shed the teen idol image. I mean, he was covered in blood and horrible burns in this one. Not exactly pinup material.
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Good review... I'll be looking forward to this one for sure. You're definitely right about the fact that the bottom line is he is indeed a good actor.
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

he just earned a life-time achievment award too. shows all his great acting roles and hard work paid off. he's only 30 years old and already earned a lifetime achievement award... that says a whole lot.

Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Great movie. Saw it over the holidays and was extremely impressed.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• evangelion
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
          he just earned a life-time achievment award too. shows all his great acting roles and hard work paid off. he's only 30 years old and already earned a lifetime achievement award... that says a whole lot.
          Sure does, they don't hand those things out like candy.

I think most people have by now gotten over the Titanic backlash, and with him doing darker, grittier roles (Gangs of New York) and smarter roles (The Aviator, Catch Me If You Can) he is starting to be seen for what he is...an A list actor.

Link was dead BTW.

Comment

• Roderik_London
            Getting Somewhere
            • Sep 2004

He's growing into the mature roles now...not many have been able to do that in the past..

Comment

• SickBoy
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Re: The Aviator

i have to go see this movie this weekend.

Comment

• manboy
                Getting warmed up
                • Feb 2005

Don't waste your time guys this is a snore fest plain and simple. Blanchet is one of the world's great overactors. Her attempt at Hepburn is purile and vomit worthy. Other than that great film and yeah Leo (who looks like a boy and has not been believable in a film since Basketball Diaries) is awesome.
                "Does anyone have any jumper cables?"

Comment

• passox2
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Feb 2005

hmmm..is leo gonna grow up? is he all that u want the titanic sinking guy?

Comment

• evangelion
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

^^^

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by manboy
                      Blanchet is one of the world's great overactors. Her attempt at Hepburn is purile and vomit worthy.
                      You apparently have no comprehension of how Katherine Hepburn carried herself. Cate's portrayal was spot on and as realistic as anything I've seen.
                      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• tiddles
                        Encryption, Jr.
                        • Jun 2004

i hated this movie so much.
                        i almost walked out

Comment

• evangelion
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                          Originally posted by manboy
                          Blanchet is one of the world's great overactors. Her attempt at Hepburn is purile and vomit worthy.
                          You apparently have no comprehension of how Katherine Hepburn carried herself. Cate's portrayal was spot on and as realistic as anything I've seen.
                          From what I gather you are correct. She acted completly over the top at all times. The scene where he asks her if she knows when she's acting or not anymore I thought was awesome. She seemed to fit her personality to who she was around at the time. From everything I've read and seen of her that is absolutlely accurate.

Comment

• nsite
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

I was supremely disappointed in this movie, only bright spot was kate blanchet, she was great!
                            ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• th33f
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Feb 2005

pretty controversial opinions... i think those who liked it are ghey for dicaprio!!1

Comment

Working...