Is baseball still America's favorite pasttime?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Is baseball still America's favorite pasttime?

Or is it pro football? I think baseball suffers from incredibly long seasons, as compared to football. thoughts?
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Is baseball still America's favorite pasttime?

football has definitely become the more popular sport, i think. and i agree that the baseball seasons are too long.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Football is only more popular because it is only 3 months long. Baseball is forever...

Long live baseball!!

Also what a move by the TIGERS today!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• mnbvcxz
        Platinum Poster
        • Feb 2006

NBA should be America's favorite pastime

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

why do you think that, nikoa?
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• GerryD
            I love skanking
            • Jun 2004

I prefer the NHL
            "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

^ same, but its market is smaller, and not as many superstars as in the nfl. college hockey being small doesn't help.

the # of people who pack football stadiums each week is incredible, then add the peeps watching on tv. ridic.

i too prefer the nhl though. but its hard to really love it since most of the players are coming from the ussr, etc.... hmmm

actually, rugby is better than nhl.
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

i think baseball will always be US of America's favorite pasttime. baseball is associated with america's history more than any other sport and i think the growth of baseball kind of symoblizes the growth of the united states in some respect... whether or not it is our favorite present time sport is up for debate, though. definitely do not think it's our favorite these days.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

^pretty much truth right there.

I guess maybe some rule and schedule changes would do it well. Such a long season...are all those games necessary?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

I like the long season. This city pretty much revolves around Cardinal baseball though. In a lot of businesses, it's completely acceptable to miss work for a cards v cubs game. Opening day? Work in St. Louis? Forget about it.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jenks
                      I like the long season. This city pretty much revolves around Cardinal baseball though. In a lot of businesses, it's completely acceptable to miss work for a cards v cubs game. Opening day? Work in St. Louis? Forget about it.
                      I feel that. I don't presently live in a city with a major league baseball team, so it might be different for you (especially a team with a strong chain of winning seasons over the last decade). I feel like the only way to really enjoy MLB is to actually go to the games - i think it's easier to watch football on tv. hmmm.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                        I feel that. I don't presently live in a city with a major league baseball team, so it might be different for you (especially a team with a strong chain of winning seasons over the last decade). I feel like the only way to really enjoy MLB is to actually go to the games - i think it's easier to watch football on tv. hmmm.
                        agreed. When i lived in San Diego it was great, in Orlando, whatever.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

ROGER GOODELL: This Sunday on 60 Minutes, Steve Kroft interviews Roger Goodell, commissioner of the most successful entertainment organization in the country: the NFL.

Goodell oversees the NFL’s 32 member teams in an organization whose players compete on the field, but cooperate in the business of keeping America’s favorite pastime profitable. And it’s working – NFL revenues are soaring and television ratings are through the roof.
                          Preview Steve’s report: http://bit.ly/xOypSu

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Anoyone seen this yet:

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                            Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                            Bob
                            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                            KiwiTollway

Comment

• Illuminate
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Aug 2009

America is pretty funny. You guys sure do love your sports.

Ditto on Nikoa thinking Basketball is the preferred sport. Or maybe that's just the overstated figure of rap culture.

But then again packed out Colosseums spectating padding protected rhinos run at each other is big. Just judging by the crowds...

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                              Sbando
                              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                              Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                              Bob
                              "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                              KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...