“We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live in 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

“We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live in 2013

I don't think I have anything to say. I read this and am absolutely gutted. Gutted beyond description.

There will be devastating consequences. It will also hit all of us here at MS, too.

I'm reading through the comments to the article right now.

The United States government now has the unopposed power to snatch you from your desk chair and detain you indefinitely.
    The United States government now has the unopposed power to assassinate American citizens without due process.

And now . . .

The United States government will record every moment of your digital life going forward.

I would normally say this is completely unbelievable.

But the truth is, this is entirely believable.

fuck.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: “We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live in 20

My friend I work with now lived in Utah just down the street from there. Said they've been building that big ass place for years. I'm sure they are going to try and sniff as much traffic as they can, and probably tons o computers to crack codez.

This has been going on since good olde Bush right after 9/11: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

It ain't good.

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Re: “We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live in 20

Hey this is the new freedom. If you don't like it you are probably a terrorist.

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

If you don't want to be spied on when using the internets you should be using encryption anyway....

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
          If you don't want to be spied on when using the internets you should be using encryption anyway....
          If you don't want the government kidnapping/detaining/murdering you, you best not have incorrect thoughts. Ergo, "Big Brother Goes Live" in 2013.

Also, related or unrelated . . .

I saw this piece this morning. VERY WEIRD.

I rarely ever click on a blaze link, but the URL instantly made me think of the wired.com article posted above.

If this Administration is able to make the press hide such stories, I wonder what else they could demand be removed from press website.

(and yes, I think it is utterly terrible judgment to send your teen to a friggin 3rd world country for spring break with 25 secret service agents to protect her. is it too much to visit a national park or go to disneyland and support the struggling american economy? anyways, not the reason why I posted the article).
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

Meh....

Comment

• vinnie97
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

Just to think, the PA, DHS, HR347, the NDAA and now this major NSA complex are all tools wielded to protect us from a few boxcutter-wielding radicals. The official 911 story grows increasingly difficult to believe as time passes.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

Why would wanting to spy on everyone have jack shit to do with the authenticity of 9/11? Keep using it as an excuse to watch everyone yeah. More spying = it must have been an inside job? Lulz.

Comment

• vinnie97
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jul 2007

Spying on everyone because it's for our own safety. That's what it's been about since the advent of 9/11, but of course you can't see it. Even if it was singlehandedly done by a handful of radicals without anyone in the govt. turning the other cheek, that doesn't change the fact that the surveillance society and police state machinations have been unrelenting since 9/11.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

^yeah. that also has nothing to do with 9/11 being fake though.

Comment

• vinnie97
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jul 2007

Refresh, I edited to add...

Comment

• Illuminate
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Aug 2009

A decent article/blog:

This week we have been discussing Attorney General Eric Holder’s recent speech at Northwestern University Law School detailing the claim of President Barack Obama that he has the right to kil…

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                        Sbando
                        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                        Bob
                        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                        KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

Mo population, mo problems. Couple that fact with the percentage of fatherless children and those problems increase exponentially.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• vinnie97
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jul 2007

Mo justifyin'.

Comment

• Illuminate
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Aug 2009

Exclusive: National Security Agency Whistleblower William Binney on Growing State Surveillance:

NSA's Utah Data Center (codename Stellar Wind) and William Binney's formidable statement that "we are this far from a turnkey totalitarian state". Democracy Now has the former National Security Agency technical director whistleblower's first TV interview in which he discusses the NSA's massive power to spy on Americans and why the FBI raided his home. Since retiring from the NSA in 2001, he has warned that the NSA’s data-mining program has become so vast that it could "create an Orwellian state." Today marks the first time Binney has spoken on national TV about NSA surveillance. Starting with his pre-9-11 identification of the world-wide-web as a voluminous problem since the NSA was 'falling behind the rate-of-change', his success in creating a system (codenamed Thin-Thread) for 'grabbing' all the data and the critical 'lawful' anonymization of that data (according to mandate at the time) which as soon as 9-11 occurred went out of the window as all domestic and foreign communications was now stored (starting with AT&T's forking over their data). This direct violation of the constitutional rights of everybody in the country was why Binney decided he could not stay (leaving one month after 9-11) along with the violation of almost every privacy and intelligence act as near-bottomless databases store all forms of communication collected by the agency, including private emails, cell phone calls, Google searches and other personal data.

There was a time when Americans still cared about matters such as personal privacy. Luckily, they now have iGadgets to keep them distracted as they hand over their last pieces of individuality to the Tzar of conformity.

Part 1 - Exclusive: National Security Agency Whistleblower William Binney on Growing State Surveillance

William Binney's shocking facts start at around 15:00...

Part 2 - Detained in the U.S.: Filmmaker Laura Poitras Held, Questioned Some 40 Times at U.S. Airports

The Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Laura Poitras discusses how she has been repeatedly detained and questioned by federal agents whenever she enters the United States. Poitras said the interrogations began after she began working on her documentary, "My Country, My Country," about post-invasion Iraq. Her most recent film, "The Oath," was about Yemen and Guantánamo and follows the lives of two past associates of Osama bin Laden. She estimates she has been detained approximately 40 times and has had her laptop, cell phone and personal belongings repeatedly searched.

Part 3 - "We Don’t Live in a Free Country": Jacob Appelbaum on Being Target of Widespread Gov’t Surveillance

We speak with Jacob Appelbaum, a computer researcher who has faced a stream of interrogations and electronic surveillance since he volunteered with the whistleblowing website, WikiLeaks. He describes being detained more than a dozen times at the airport and interrogated by federal agents who asked about his political views and confiscated his cell phone and laptop. When asked why he cannot talk about what happened after he was questioned, Appelbaum says, "Because we don’t live in a free country. And if I did, I guess I could tell you about it." A federal judge ordered Twitter to hand over information about Appelbaum’s account. Meanwhile, he continues to work on the Tor Project, an anonymity network that ensures every person has the right to browse the internet without restriction and the right to speak freely.

Part 4 - Whistleblower: The NSA is Lying–U.S. Government Has Copies of Most of Your Emails

National Security Agency whistleblower

William Binney reveals he believes domestic surveillance has become more expansive under President Obama than President George W. Bush. He estimates the NSA has assembled 20 trillion "transactions" — phone calls, emails and other forms of data — from Americans. This likely includes copies of almost all of the emails sent and received from most people living in the United States. Binney talks about Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act and challenges NSA Director Keith Alexander’s assertion that the NSA is not intercepting information about U.S. Citizens.

Full interview is here.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                              Sbando
                              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                              Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                              Bob
                              "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                              KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...