X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

El Hombre

Let me preface this by noting that I am not in the camp of people that begrudges Albert Pujols for following the money to Anaheim. I was bummed when he didn't re-sign, but it's not like I'm not rooting for the guy to fail.

With that said, it's tough to not derive a little bit of enjoyment from seeing him struggle in Anaheim. Batting .216 with 4 RBIs and zero homers? Uh, yeah. He's too good for this to last very long, but with the way the rest of the Angels' squad is struggling, they could be in too big of a hole to recover by the time he finds his swing.

He said he wanted to go to the Angels because they showed "commitment" to him. Will be interesting to see how that commitment manifests itself as this continues. Also, I'm fairly confident that he hasn't had to deal with boos from his home crowd, well, ever, but I gather those are starting to be heard. Should be intriguing...
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: El Hombre

some people have a hard time adjusting from national to american league, some people have a hard time dealing with a trade and a new team and a new organizational structure in a new city after they've been established so many years....... or maybe it's just the time zone difference!

i'm sure his slump won't last forever... i personally think he and the organization started off on the wrong foot.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
      i personally think he and the organization started off on the wrong foot.
      Interesting. How do you mean? I have to confess that after he signed with Anaheim, I sort of stopped following him for a while and wasn't even aware he was sucking as much ass as he was until they started making a big deal about it on ESPN, so I wasn't really paying attention to how everything got started there...

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

I've been following since opening day, and have been enjoying every second of suck Albert is exuding.

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

the angels' marketing campaign based around calling albert "el hombre" after him telling them not to is a bit disrespectful im my opinion. if that's the attitude they carry on a general basis, i could see some tension there. maybe it wasn't a big deal, but i kind of got the opposite impression.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Well, that makes the title of this thread somewhat unfortunate. Whoops, lol.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Batting a whopping .194 now! 0 Home runs.

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

wow, that's pretty bad

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

spoke to soon... first home run two nights ago. glad he got the monkey off his back. we'll see what happens now.

Comment

Working...