X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Spotify

I've been using this for free for a while, I just signed up for premium this weekend, as I am about to drive 2k miles across the USA here in a couple of months, so I'm getting my phone loaded up with tunes.

So all of the playlists I make in Spotify automatically show up on my Android, and if I choose to make my playlists available offline and choose the same on my phone, the tunes get synced between the two and pushed to my phone. It is pretty bad ass. It is like Dropbox for my music, and since it syncs instantly when I change a playlist on my PC I see it sync to my phone, and since also the tunes are local I'll be able to drive with the 3g off and not worry about music cutting out.

Totally worth $10/month right now while I'm getting my music all ready and to listen to while I'm driving.
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Spotify

There is one bug I can't get figured out though.

I can't seem to sync local files to my phone. My phone works and syncing fine etc, I can change playlists and see the changes immediately on my phone, but local tunes which aren't on spotify at all still wont get pushed to my phone, so there are one or two tunes that I have from my lists that sre greyed out, but are not greyed out at all on my PC / Mac.

I can't get my phone to show up in the 'Devices' section of the Windows / Mac app and I don't know if this is a problem. Some forum posts said this could be a firewall issue, but I'm on my macbook now and it still doesnt show up, but I can still sync playlists, just not local files.

Also I heard you might need UPnP enabled. I turned that on in my router, but sill no go.

This is the only thing from this working perfectly. Any ideas? No google hits or the Spotify forum seem to solve this.

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Spotify is not available in my location
      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Love me some spotify. Played around with the free version for about 10 minutes before I decided the premium version was worthwhile. I'm using Spotify when I want to listen to something specific and Pandora when I'm in the mood to be surprised, and between those two, I feel very little need to accumulate music the same way I used to. It is just an awesome service.

Regarding your problems, have you checked the "Available offline" box for the playlists that you want to sync locally? It won't actually upload to your device unless that is checked.

Regarding the other issue, I honestly have not a clue -- have never really noticed whether or not it shows up there or not. I just make sure both the device with the local tracks and the device I'm upping to are on the same network, and it seems to work fine. Sorry...

Comment

Working...