X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Hollywood Is The "Ultimate Arbiter Of Which Direction This Country Goes"

Obama to Celebs: 'You're the Ultimate Arbiter of Which Direction This Country Goes'

Out of touch doesn't begin to describe it, but I guess he's calling upon the propaganda lemmings to do his bidding for the next several months.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Hollywood Is The "Ultimate Arbiter Of Which Direction This Country Goes"

Breitbart = FAIL

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
      Breitbart = FAIL
      For realz.

But he does have a point:

"You're the tie-breaker," he said. "You're the ultimate arbiter of which direction this country goes."

Most people in the US follow what either ABC NBC CBS FOX or MSNBC tells them to think.

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by res0nat0r
        Most people in the US follow what either ABC NBC CBS FOX or MSNBC tells them to think.
        yuuuup!

Comment

• vinnie97
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
          Breitbart = FAIL
          Sorry, HuffPuff wouldn't report on anything that might disparage dear leada'.

Your ad hominem of the source is duly noted, though, showing there's no defense for a quote taken verbatim from the event, another in a long line that is sealing his fate.

And you pretend to care about the plight of the 99% while this narcissistic actor kowtows to those who actually get paid to do it. He also speaks through both sides of his mouth by voicing support for the occupiers and then loftily addresses this audience of similarly out-of-touch elitists.

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by vinnie97

And you pretend to care about the plight of the 99% while this narcissistic actor kowtows to those who actually get paid to do it. He also speaks through both sides of his mouth by voicing support for the occupiers and then loftily addresses this audience of similarly out-of-touch elitists.
            I don't see things that way at all.

Comment

• vinnie97
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

Actions speak the loudest. You may be settling for what you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils by continuing to support Barack, but I get the sense that's still who you'll be selecting come November.

And re: the aforementioned comment about the major networks, they have already showed their hand in how they report (or don't) about the latest news developments, including the Catholic church's legal fight against this administration and the hideous healthcare mandate.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

The Catholic church? They are getting close to being as much of a joke as the Westboro clan nowdays.

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

Which, makes me wonder thoughts on the Deportation Reform?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

• vinnie97
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jul 2007

^Subverting the constitution is so cool, man. A would-be "constitutional scholar" would know best anyway.

Comment

• dig72
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2004

Both parties and their supporters have and will continue to use Hollywood to further their own agendas. Obama may be out of touch with common folk but he is in total Kahoots with the real movers and shakers of 'popular culture'.

Dave Chapelle speaking on Hollywood, "Maybe the environment is a little sick."
                      “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

Dave Chapppelle is still alive? Awww shit.

Comment

• dig72
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2004

I'm Rick James bitch.
                          “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                          Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• vinnie97
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jul 2007

Chapelle is a cool cat...definitely underwent some serious enlightenment on his sabbatical or escape or whatever it was.

And I am not so sure Hollywood embraces Republicans (and hasn't in forever), unless you're referring to movies that appeal to patriotism and are supportive of the Military.

Comment

• dig72
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by vinnie97
                              And I am not so sure Hollywood embraces Republicans (and hasn't in forever), unless you're referring to movies that appeal to patriotism and are supportive of the Military.
                              Yes, the "Good Wars", brought to you by government, Hollywood and the msm.

All three work together in the continued fooling, dumbing down of it's own citizens and those of other nations around the globe.

Just found this article on, 'Hollywoodism' a short while ago.

Hollywood's New Propaganda Movie Hostage Thriller Glamorizes The CIA In Iran :: The Market Oracle :: Financial Markets Analysis & Forecasting Free Website
                              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

Working...