• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

House Votes Holder In Contempt Over Fast & Furious Stonewalling

They finally grew some balls.

Impeachment next if he continues to be defiant...keep this locomotive rolling.
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: House Votes Holder In Contempt Over Fast & Furious Stonewalling

The first sentence of the CNN.com writeup explains exactly why this happened, and it isn't because it is looking out for the best interests of the country:

Voting on strictly partisan lines, a House committee recommended Wednesday that Attorney General Eric Holder be cited for contempt of Congress for failing to turn over documents relating to the botched Fast and Furious weapons sting operation.

Comment

• dig72
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2004

Holder won't be going anywhere and neither will Obama.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
        The first sentence of the CNN.com writeup explains exactly why this happened, and it isn't because it is looking out for the best interests of the country:
        Yes. Democrats want to continue stonewalling a congressional hearing on an amazingly tragic ATF operation.

why? I don't know. Clearly partisan.

There was no remotely serious oversight between 2008 and 2010. Any Democrat supporting this likely is one who ignored what the ATF was doing during that time.

Nobody died in Watergate or Whitewater.

This goes to the top.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dig72
          Holder won't be going anywhere and neither will Obama.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle31653.htm

I agree,. not because of whatever wierdo content is found in that link but because Holder probably has dirt on Obama that could sink him.

I ask: why did Obama, who knew this shit was happening for a long time, wait until the very last possible moment to intervene?

Why would he intervene with his executive privilege (it is personal to the president and his immediate staff) unless he himself is actually involved?

There's only two conclusions that can be made: Holder lied about this being a 'low-level operation' (his words) or Obama is covering both of their asses and they'll try to fight this out together (unlikely). It could even be both.

Either way, they need each other.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Let me put this out there:

1) Holder was asked to divulge all documentation related to this failed operation
            2) Holder tells Issa and the panel that he's complied
            3) evidence arises that he lied under oath and that the complete backlog of documents haven't been brought forth
            4) issa tells holder to release the documents
            5) holder stalls
            6) Obama intervenes to prevent these so far undisclosed documents from being handed over to congress.

and...this is merely partisan?

bullshit.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

The Repubs care first because it makes Obama look bad before election time, everything else 2nd.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

The Repubs care first because it makes Obama look bad before election time, everything else 2nd.
                Oh.

OH i get it.

Demanding the United States Attorney General comply with a congressional oversight committee order is RACIS

go on. go ahead and say it. you're already there. it's on your mind. it's the only conclusion you're allowed to draw anymore.

expecting people to comply with the law? racis

Who made who look bad?

Obama didn't have to step in. Obama didn't have to keep Holder on board after all these massive fuck ups. Obama didn't have to try to shield what amounts to a goddamn freedom of information act request by congress.

oh oh, i get it. it's because they want to make him look bad.

willywonka.gif

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

This hearing is just a cynical GOP stunt to distract attention from the econo... I mean healthc... uh, carry on.

lol. fixed,

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

Whats to make of it if what I heard on the news clip earlier is true that he can't supply the docs due to the Prez order? Shouldn't they be busting the big guys balls instead?

Comment

• dig72
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                      I agree,. not because of whatever wierdo content is found in that link but because Holder probably has dirt on Obama that could sink him.

I ask: why did Obama, who knew this shit was happening for a long time, wait until the very last possible moment to intervene?

Why would he intervene with his executive privilege (it is personal to the president and his immediate staff) unless he himself is actually involved?

There's only two conclusions that can be made: Holder lied about this being a 'low-level operation' (his words) or Obama is covering both of their asses and they'll try to fight this out together (unlikely). It could even be both.

Either way, they need each other.

Agreed, they are all possibilities because nothing else makes sense. (for now anyway)

Maybe it isn't about Holder/Obama, they could be protecting others who are directly involved and doing so for "national security".

Some folks have even mentioned greater gun/border control as the main reason for OFAF. It's really anyones guess at the moment.

I mean the official and public plan (OFAF) was doomed from the get go. How anyone from the ATF, couldn't see the impending disaster which was about to unfold, truly defies any logic, rational or common sense.

The whole affair stinks to high heaven and wonder if
                      we'll ever be told or have acess to the whole story.
                      “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

here's a solid cliffs:

btw, holder had a very long time to come forth with the docs.

he stonewalled

he stonewalled more

and he continued to stonewall

contempt proceedings were initiated

he continued to try to bargain with congress

then, instead of doing what he's been asked to do for months now, Obama steps in to protect him.

How do you go from "they just want to make Obama look bad" to "why don't they go after Obama??" on the first page of this thread?

C'mon man. You're smarter than this. I know this.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• vinnie97
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

At least the Republicans during the Nixon scandal (Watergate, where no one even lost their life) had enough integrity to show Nixon the door.

I'm sure Harry Reid thinks O'Commie's use of privilege was just fantastic, though that wasn't the case 5 years ago:

Comment

• vinnie97
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jul 2007

In their own words, total awareness of F&F back in 2009:

Mariner, I've posted 3 or more threads on this topic before, with no serious input until now, so thanks for jumpstarting it (not just parroting rabid leftwing sh*t like the Repubs are just out to get Barack).

And I agree we may never know, dig72. They're probably running the shredders something fierce this evening. However, there are also digital trails that can be followed.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by vinnie97

Mariner, I've posted 3 or more threads on this topic before, with no serious input until now, so thanks for jumpstarting it (not just parroting rabid leftwing sh*t like the Repubs are just out to get Barack).

And I agree we may never know, dig72. They're probably running the shredders something fierce this evening. However, there are also digital trails that can be followed.

It's not surprising this story did not take off until now. This story has been largely ignored by most of the media, which has a left-wing bias. Even after the contempt vote passed committee, NBC Nightly News did not even lead with this story. Their lead story was about the heat wave in the northeast. Are you kidding? US Attorney General is very close to being held in contempt of congress, and the president invokes exec privilege to prevent the doc release, and you lead with the weather?

Comment

Working...