Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

iGoogle retiring November 2013

wtf!

What's happening to iGoogle? - Web Search Help

What's happening to iGoogle?

iGoogle will be retired in 16 months, on November 1, 2013. The mobile version will be retired on July 31, 2012.

How did you come to this decision?
    We originally launched iGoogle in 2005 before anyone could fully imagine the ways that today's web and mobile apps would put personalized, real-time information at your fingertips. With modern apps that run on platforms like Chrome and Android, the need for something like iGoogle has eroded over time, so we’ll be winding down iGoogle on November 1, 2013, giving you a full 16 months to adjust or easily export your iGoogle data.

What will happen to the data stored in my gadgets?
    All of your personal data stored in other Google products will continue to be available via those products, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Finance, Google Docs (now Google Drive), Google Bookmarks, and Google Tasks. Other gadgets, like the to-do list, allow you to export your data - look for the “Download all” option under the drop-down menu tied to the title of your list. Most iGoogle gadgets are created and maintained by third-party developers. If you’d like to export your data, you should contact the gadget creator directly.

I really like iGoogle -- are there any other alternatives?
    On your mobile device, Google Play offers applications ranging from games to news readers to home screen widgets.

If you’re a fan of Google Chrome, the Chrome Web Store provides a similar range of options like productivity tools and applications to check the weather. In addition, just like iGoogle, you can personalize Chrome with a theme.
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Re: iGoogle retiring November 2013

sigh...of course. I stood away from FB, Twitter and any other sites like that and the only app based site I use and like is going down.

Comment

• picklemonkey
      • Jun 2004

Go to Facebook... it won't be shut down any time soon

Comment

• herogee
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Has any of you tried www.netvibes.com ?
        If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,
        quaint little villages here and there ...

Comment

• picklemonkey
          • Jun 2004

I registered for it after I saw the iGoogle announcement. It's ok, but it just isn't the same I couldn't find some comparable widgets that I use, but it'll probably do ok once I have to move.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

this is absolutely puzzling to me. iGoogle is the one thing that I use every day, over and over again. Spent lots of time tinkering to get it just right, too. I completely disagree that the need has disappeared -- there is nothing else out there that puts all of this different info in a single place where it can be seen all at once. Netvibes is OK, but it ain't the same thing.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

I just retired from FB. Let's see how it goes...
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...