X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frankiee
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2009

Why Obama is more than Bush with a human face

Why Obama is more than Bush with a human face | Slavoj Žižek | Comment is free | The Guardian

Nice read
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Why Obama is more than Bush with a human face

Yah it is interesting, thanks Frank!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• vinnie97
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

Propaganda-laden spittle. The dictator only cares about himself and his legacy, anyone (or thing) in the way of that be damned.

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

^You need to come up with new shtick. You've entered the Jeff Foxworthy 'You Might Be A Redneck' phase and need new material. Or at least something new and substantive.

Comment

• floridaorange
          • Dec 2005

Comment

• Illuminate
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

I would argue on the above chart.

However, the US GDP in inclusion of the total debt seems logical compared to the total amount:

^Largest economy = Largest Debt.

Obama has been a pretty good president I believe, but could take further analytical actions in middle east and obviously the debt ceiling.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
            Sbando
            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
            Bob
            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
            KiwiTollway

Comment

• Illuminate
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Aug 2009

Sbando
              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
              Feather

Bob
              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
              KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

People will always have and voice their opinions of people, whether it's Obama or anyone else. Obama is a fucking lot better than Bush, for that I am grateful.

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

But then there's always this to talk about:

All these modern day hippy-crates relying on Marxism and claiming how corporate greed had defied them of an opportunity for their future, whilst keeping their social networking needs from their 'Apple' devices at bay. Fuck they sicken me.

Well then if Obama was for the 'people' the average joe, you could say he and the government have clearly failed here. But I never knew where the Obama administration stood during these so called 'Occupy' movements.

A good report on the current rise of incomes following the GFC: http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~saez/saez-...comes-2012.pdf

Moreover, Obama's reaction to the NSA has been pretty thin, it seems as if he's come out stringently defending the NSA:
                  Obama presents NSA reforms with plan to end government storage of call data | World news | theguardian.com

Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                  the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

It's not really the presidents job to provide jobs even though all presidents promise them. They can't really.

Comment

• Illuminate
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Aug 2009

What does presidents providing jobs have to to do with anything? I think it's a well known fact governments can promise you the world prior to their term, and will give you nothing in return after their appointment. We're currently facing/realising this here in Australia.

Sbando
                      - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                      the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

Not sure what the President has to do with the 1% earning money. The current one has railed against the 1%, but he can't just wave his hand and say anyone with > $10 million in the bank must bequeath that to the commoners.

The real world != internet chat boards, IE: it isn't black or white and the USA isn't a dictatorship (no matter what vinnie says).

Comment

• Frankiee
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Nov 2009

But isn't that precisely what uncle Karl said? Isn't capitalism itself the problem because that system makes sure the money flow accumulates upward? No matter who the president of the country is.

Communism utterly failed, but I believe Karl Marx analyse of Capital is still very relevant.

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            The current one has railed against the 1%.
                            Well I cannot say that any president can hold grudges to their major sponsoring pals and ask them to stop making money with a 'please'. But in light of valuing Obama's policies using Warren Buffets' secretary as an example of wealth distribution; well it halted there with examples.

If Obama really was the President that he perceives to be, probably he could have, maybe should have done more; the tax reforms reading from other sources looks like it has failed. I cannot truly take him railing against the 1% with what the charts indicate, are more of a question wondering if he was so truly against the 1% then why are we seeing all time records of this so called 1% having a biggest slice of the cake? Well ever,,,

Obamacare; that's an interesting aspect of his term.

Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                            the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• res0nat0r
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • May 2006

The Dow is at all time highs right now. Those with money are going to be making more than ever no matter who is in office...

I'm not sure how one person can be held to fundamentally change the system of how the US economy works, or if it is even anything that simple. Especially with Congress who have the lowest record of passing bills in history. It isn't that simple...

Comment

Working...