• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Questions about iTunes match

Ok I have some q's about this...

I'm thinking of signing up for this now, but I want to know if I can do this first before wasting money:

Nerdery below:

1] Does the computer I do the scanning with have to be registered with the Apple in iTunes, and does all of the music where it was scanned go away if the computer is de-registered?

Right now I am homeless and living with friends since my house is being built, but I want to get to all of my music which is backed up in the cloud and don't have no where near the bandwith on this shitty 5Mbit wireless connection at my friends to download my 400GB of music.

All of my music is backed up to Crashplans servers in the cloud. So I was going to launch a Windows instance in EC2, download all of my music from Crashplan to the EC2 instance in the cloud (since iTunes cloud service is actually using S3 anyway, they are both on fat pipes) this should be relatively quick and cheap to do, and then use the ec2 windows instance to scan my library.

Once that is done I'll have all of my music show up in my itunes on my laptops here and iphone and ipad and voila.

But I only want to use this ec2 instance to scan my library and then it is going to be terminated, so how does Apple keep my music associated with my account? If you scan it once does it stay with you forever or until the next year when you have to rescan? Thats what I don't understand. Do I have to keep the ec2 instance registered as one of my 10 iTunes Match devices forever?
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Questions about iTunes match

Also FYI Google Play just came out with their version of this yesterday and it is FREE for new users.

I'd use this instead but everything showing up in itunes across my devices everywhere I think might actually be worth the $.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

I'm curious to try Google Play as well.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Here it is - https://play.google.com/music/listen#start

I'm really curious to start/try this now.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

Yeah the free scanning isn't enabled for me yet since I've been signed up for Music for a while...

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

This shizzle worked perfectly. I imported about 9k / 80GB of tunes last night from my amazon windows instance. I was able to deactive the cloud copy of itunes and everything shows up here still on my laptops,phone,ipad.

Great part: I can still edit id3 metadata and fix covers. Some of the art didn't match so I can add the covers and that gets pushed up and synced, so does renaming the music. Browsing in the new itunes with organized albumn art makes me happy.

I'm going to import about 100GB of my electronic music dir later tonite.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

So you went with iTunes Match for the $20/Year?
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

Its $25/year, but yeah I signed up for it now just to check it out. Pissers: it costs money and only lets you have 25k songs. You can download all those songs everywhere on all your devices though.

Do you know if google has a limit? The things that suck with the google and amazon version is there is only a web ui. I want a app that is more robust so I can screw with my music on my ipad or easily in the car when im driving or about to head out for a drive.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Just found this: Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - dougscripts.com

Download 443 (and counting) free user-contributed AppleScripts for Apple's iTunes that will help make managing your digital music collection easier and more fun!

Comment

Working...