Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

(2004-11-10) MercuryRising - First Show..Yay!! w/ Steve James & Garrick Ulrich

so here it is ladies & gents.
    my first installment of MercuryRising!
    i'm your host, Steve James and i'll be providing you with drinks and snacks throughout your stay.
    hope you enjoy the ride.

launching the show is a new set from myself, and upcoming talent Garrick Ulrich is on guest duty

Garrick Ulrich

Having been introduced to the true underground dance scene back in 1998 in and around Austin, TX this DJ's musical tastes were only blossoming. Forced to move in mid 2002 after graduating college at Texas A&M University, Garrick Ulrich, 24, found himself at a realm of underground progressive music in Atlanta, GA. "I had never had the opportunity to see Digweed or Sasha live (along with countless others) before moving to Atlanta. I went to school where your backyard is cows grazing in a field and next door you can see Billy Bob drinking Jim Beam with his rifle on his porch. I was one of a handful of people at A&M that listened to electronic music. It was tough hearing people negatively snicker about music I have such a passion for." Moving to Atlanta proved to be a blessing where he quickly met his close friend, Steve James. The two grew fond of each other's musical tastes and bonded, immediately. Not being able to resist merely watching Steve and friends lay down set after set, Garrick quickly went to Guitar Center and picked himself up two turntables and a mixer. "Are you kidding? I couldn't sit there and just watch. I had to get in the mix. Watching all these great DJs play really helped me develop my foundation for being a DJ. If I didn't move to Atlanta, I would have most likely never bought turntables." After picking up his first record only a year and a half ago, he feels as comfortable and capable as the next DJ to lay down mixes that tickle the ears of his listeners, giving them something unique and flavorful. Garrick dabbles in a wide range of music genres, but stays focused on mixing dark and atmospheric progressive house and nasty nu school breaks. Finding his niche behind two turntables, he is able to escape "the daily grind" and do something he loves doing as he spends countless hours mixing for his own pleasure and the pleasure of others. Keep an eye out for this promising young DJ, as a future for this kid is inevitable.

All feedback is welcome. Please email any comments to garrickulrich@charter.net.

hope everyone that hears the show enjoys it!!

Garrick Ulrich - MercuryRising on EccentricBeats (2004-11-10) pt1
    Steve James - MercuryRising on EccentricBeats (2004-11-10) pt2

-Steve
    Last edited by picklemonkey; November 30, 2008, 04:05:01 PM.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Garrick Ulrich_MercuryRising on EccentricBeats (11-10-04)

1. Evan Marcus - Life Goes On (Four Aleiana Mix)
    2. Deep Dish - Stay Gold 2004
    3. Lonestar - Uno di Ci
    4. Black Atlantic - No Need To Hide (Dub Mix)
    5. Culture Club - Do You Really Want to Hurt Me (Quivver Remix)
    6. Kaan Duzarat - The Self
    7. OMD - Code 5
    8. Murat Uncu - Formate Drop (Original Mix)
    9. Zeus Proof - Drown

Steve James_MercuryRising on EccentricBeats (11-10-04)

o1. Echotek - The Other Zone (Original Mix)
    o2. Jon Delerious - New Jack Hustlin (Paranoid Jack & Tim Patrick Mix)
    o3. UDG - New Generation (version 1)
    o4. UDG - New Generation (version 2)
    o5. Stel & Good Newz - Cave In (Tone Depth Mix)
    o6. Incidental & Espen - Oblivion (Original Mix)
    o7. Sarp Yilmaz - Everblack
    o8. Roman Lieske - Message In China

Comment

• blkcrow
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Both sets rocked! First time I've heard Garrick spin.
      Idiocy - Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups.

Soulseek name = blkcrow

Comment

Working...