• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rawrmune
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2011

Help: Reset USB External Hard Drive

western-digital-passport-320gb.jpg
    I have a Western Digital portable usb hard drive that looks just like this one. It's quite an old drive, maybe 5 years old. When I plug it in, it tells me I have 5gb max on it, and when I try to reformat it, it tells me I can only store 5gb max. I've tried playing around with the settings and nothing seems to increase the size. I seem to remember it having something like 125gb, and if I remember correctly I think I did something strange with the partitions trying to use it as a boot drive. I don't believe that this actually has 5gb. Does anyone knowledgeable about computers know how I could reset the size of it?

EDIT: Found out it was a partition problem, was able to fix it back to 250gb. Ignore post thanks.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Help: Reset USB External Hard Drive

I was just going to recommend checking the Disk Management software that comes with Windows, to make sure there isn't an unformtted partition with the remaining size.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Rawrmune
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2011

Re: Help: Reset USB External Hard Drive

^ Yup that's exactly what happened. I was really surprised the disk was 5gb at first, I thought I was going crazy.

Comment

Working...