• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nelinho
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Sep 2011

Re: Senate rejects bipartisan gun control measure for background checks

Originally posted by floridaorange
    The other issue being rural states getting as much say as states like NY and California

Don't undervalue Alabama Man's vote

Comment

• audrey_w
      Gold Gabber
      • Jan 2013

In next year's Boston marathon each runner and spectator is to be given a pressure cooker bomb. To keep them safe from bad guys with pressure cooker bombs ??
      Logic. U. S. A. Stylee

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by audrey_w
        Logic. U. S. A. Stylee
        except the majority of the US probably doesn't think that way.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• vinnie97
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by audrey_w
          In next year's Boston marathon each runner and spectator is to be given a pressure cooker bomb. To keep them safe from bad guys with pressure cooker bombs ??
          Logic. U. S. A. Stylee
          On the flipside, there was a knife attack on a TX campus last month...we'd better get to instituting a national ban on any sharp object that might be construed as an assault weapon because it has the potential to save just one life.

Progressive havens like Chicago and Detroit (where the likelihood of getting killed by gun violence is greater than that in areas of Afghanistan) are two rather glaring exhibits where the law-abiding become victims as the criminals run free. Somehow making a national registry (and I really don't care about anyone's denial of history repeating in such scenarios) of those who are trying to follow the law will curb the violence and killings.

Illogic defined.

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

Originally posted by vinnie97
            On the flipside, there was a knife attack on a TX campus last month...we'd better get to instituting a national ban on any sharp object that might be construed as an assault weapon because it has the potential to save just one life.
            Your logical fallacy is slippery slope :

The problem with this reasoning is that it avoids engaging with the issue at hand, and instead shifts attention to extreme hypotheticals. Because no proof is presented to show that such extreme hypotheticals will in fact occur, this fallacy has the form of an appeal to emotion fallacy by leveraging fear. In effect the argument at hand is unfairly tainted by unsubstantiated conjecture.

Example: Colin Closet asserts that if we allow same-sex couples to marry, then the next thing we know we'll be allowing people to marry their parents, their cars and even monkeys.

Illogic defined.
            Indeed.
            Last edited by res0nat0r; April 30, 2013, 10:55:45 PM.

Comment

• nelinho
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Sep 2011

A two year old shot by her 5 year old brother in usa...how could this terrible thing happen?

wait, the gun was given to the child as a gift...and left left accessible? !?! .and up to 60000 of these guns are sold annually in the usa apparently. ..

Only a matter of time before rest of the world becomes desensitised to shootings in the usa like it has to bomb blasts in kabul or baghdad.

I mean fuck me with all those guns around, legal and illegal I can't say I am am surprised.

We are due for another mass shooting I should add..its been a while.

Excuse the cynicism.

Ps Fuck corporate democracy I should add.

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                Your logical fallacy is slippery slope :

The problem with this reasoning is that it avoids engaging with the issue at hand, and instead shifts attention to extreme hypotheticals. Because no proof is presented to show that such extreme hypotheticals will in fact occur, this fallacy has the form of an appeal to emotion fallacy by leveraging fear. In effect the argument at hand is unfairly tainted by unsubstantiated conjecture.

Example: Colin Closet asserts that if we allow same-sex couples to marry, then the next thing we know we'll be allowing people to marry their parents, their cars and even monkeys.

Indeed.
                Must resist urge to push "view post."

Funny how you didn't apply this same presentation to the pressure cooker argument a few posts above mine. That's because it supports your agenda, so color me unsurprised. And of course you missed the point. I was illustrating how ludicrous it would be to institute a knife ban. Nowhere did I imply that it is an imminent piece of legislation. You blew it.

Speaking of career politicians: Reid: We Really Need More Money for Obamacare -- Stat - Guy Benson

Stick it up your senile rear, Harry.

Back on topic, don't tell me your little gun control scheme is with purely innocent intentions, when you have the inability to be honest about for your own gunwalking agencies that have exacerbated the problem of Mexican gun violence:

In gun-control argument, Obama blames Americans for Mexican deaths: ¿Most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States¿ | Mail Online
                Last edited by vinnie97; May 3, 2013, 09:24:37 PM.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Less guns around = less people dying via guns. Simple.

Note there are way too many guns already here to make that a reality though.

Comment

• nelinho
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Sep 2011

Everyone's a freedom fighter in the culture of war these days.

Comment

Working...