X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

1.000.000 visitors on MCast

This May 2013 we have passed the 1.000.000 visitor mark on MCast (counting since November 2009).
    Thanks to everybody for tuning into our shows and checking out the MCast website.
    We would be nothing without our fans!

Edit: http://www.mcast.mercuryserver.com

Team MCast and MCast Residents

• Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: 1.000.000 visitors on MCast

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Wow!! 42 months / 1,000,000 is an avg of 23,800 listeners per month. well done!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• audrey_w
        Gold Gabber
        • Jan 2013

Wow that's unbelievable

Comment

• Shiva
          MCast Mistress
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
          Well yes, the hard work of the MCast Crew & Residents finally paid off: Slowly but surely MCast managed to become a reference for progressive house and techno genres. Dark music lovers bookmarked MCast as most of our djs, if not all, are mainly dark-oriented artists.
          We grew, and we are still growing thanks to quality shows/artists and especially thanks to MCast listeners.

I wish Tom was here to see what his baby has become, I am sure he will show up sooner or later and get the smile on his face

I also wish Steve James aka Jibby (R.I.P.) was still here with us to enjoy this achievement as he had believed a lot in MCast...

Anyway, again, thank you all for supporting MCast by tuning in and enjoying Mercuryserver's music platform

Edit: Without forgetting to thank Kamal for his special support!

Comment

• diegoff
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Great! Congrats mrs
            It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
            Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
            May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• TomTom
              Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
              • May 2002

Originally posted by Shiva
              I wish Tom was here to see what his baby has become, I am sure he will show up sooner or later and get the smile on his face
              I am here and yes I am smiling. Thanks to everybody involved, be it our residents, the MCast Team and of course the listener base we had over the last Years.

Comment

• audrey_w
                Gold Gabber
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by floridaorange
                Listeners or visitors? I'm confused. Well done whichever it is. Weird that nearly 1000 people use it every day but no one comments ?

Hernan's Renaissance promo on Soundcloud has only 80,000 plays in 7 months

Comment

• Shiva
                  MCast Mistress
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by audrey_w
                  Listeners or visitors? I'm confused. Well done whichever it is. Weird that nearly 1000 people use it every day but no one comments ?

Hernan's Renaissance promo on Soundcloud has only 80,000 plays in 7 months

The system counts any user who opens the MCast page as a visitor; And since there is literally nothing else except music on MCast we can suppose that the number of visitors is equal to the number of listeners (or at least very close). Why would anyone tune to MCast if not for download/stream/podcast our music: MCast's music orientation is very clear, mostly quality dark & progressive house.
                  Dark music lovers throughout the word now know very well where to tune to when in search of such music.
                  Throughout the years, in combination with providing steady quality work and inviting world class guest artists we have managed to move form being a simple music platform to becoming a major reference in this type of music, especially that progressive house has been loosing ground to the electro/commercial music lately;
                  Our Djs stayed faithful to our genre, the listeners stayed faithful to MCast
                  And the fact that most of our sessions were reposted on other music sites here and there helped us a lot boost our audience from the four corners of the world; We have been monitoring our evolution very closely.

Concerning the comments, there is nothing strange; 5-6 years ago we would get much more comments than now simply because they were no extensive use of social media (Facebook, Twitter etc..). Slowly the comments have shifted from MCast to Dj's personal page/account on facebook or twitter. Personally, as far as my show is concerned, now I would get 3 to 9 comments on my sessions on MCast, but tens others on my personal facebook page or artist page; The comments have also increased but they shifted elsewhere...

All what we care about on MCast is to satisfy our audience, and yes Audrey, it paid off.
                  Last edited by Shiva; May 18, 2013, 07:11:38 PM.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

Prog, or dark prog, whatever you want to call it absolutely has a time and a place, it's just not all the time in every place for me personally.... I think there is so much more music available these days with Soundcloud etc, that people are able to quickly choose what they want to hear based on how they are feeling more readily. At any rate, rock on MCAST ! I don't know how I feel about the distinction that if it's not dark prog it's therefore commercial.

Comment

• audrey_w
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Shiva
                      The system counts any user who opens the MCast page as a visitor; And since there is literally nothing else except music on MCast we can suppose that the number of visitors is equal to the number of listeners (or at least very close). Why would anyone tune to MCast if not for download/stream/podcast our music: MCast's music orientation is very clear, mostly quality dark & progressive house.
                      Dark music lovers throughout the word now know very well where to tune to when in search of such music.
                      Throughout the years, in combination with providing steady quality work and inviting world class guest artists we have managed to move form being a simple music platform to becoming a major reference in this type of music, especially that progressive house has been loosing ground to the electro/commercial music lately;
                      Our Djs stayed faithful to our genre, the listeners stayed faithful to MCast
                      And the fact that most of our sessions were reposted on other music sites here and there helped us a lot boost our audience from the four corners of the world; We have been monitoring our evolution very closely.

Concerning the comments, there is nothing strange; 5-6 years ago we would get much more comments than now simply because they were no extensive use of social media (Facebook, Twitter etc..). Slowly the comments have shifted from MCast to Dj's personal page/account on facebook or twitter. Personally, as far as my show is concerned, now I would get 3 to 9 comments on my sessions on MCast, but tens others on my personal facebook page or artist page; The comments have also increased but they shifted elsewhere...

All what we care about on MCast is to satisfy our audience, and yes Audrey, it paid off.
                      Ah thanks for the reply Shiva. Interesting. I admire your passion for what you do and wasn't being critical, if you re read what I posted I said "well done"
                      I'll re phrase the question with reference to your response. How does your counting system distinguish between "users" as opposed to bots, spiders and search engines? Reason I ask is I used to go out with a guy who spent all his time developing websites and was pretty good. When one of his sites got a million hits in a month I thought "wow, we're going to be rich"
                      He sat me down and explained (slowly, in words girls can understand) that very few of those hits were from people, it was mostly bots and shit.
                      So we never got rich and I dumped him lol

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

^you dumped him because he wasn't getting rich or you dumped him and by the way he also wasnt rich?

Comment

• audrey_w
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jan 2013

I dumped him because he was a cunt

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

Comment

• Shiva
                              MCast Mistress
                              • Nov 2007

@ Audrey: I didn't think you were critical at all, actually I took you comment well coz I felt it it was genuine, on the contrary thank you for your support. As for your question, well now you made it tough on me. Bots??! Come again??!!! lol I donno what that is
                              I think our system counts every visit, I mean every time someone types http://www.mcast.mercuryserver.com + "enter" = 1 visit.
                              I don't think there are tricks of some kind on the count because it took us some time to reach that number, more than few years. But I don't think each visitor is a unique visitor though...
                              Whatever is the case, this number is more symbolic than anything; All the MCast concerned people, crew & djs, worked really hard to achieve this, we literally started from ZERO. Some even thought MCast would probably not take off, but we did
                              Again, thank you for your comment, I hope you are one of the 1.000.000, and if you are, well thank you for tuning in.

Comment

Working...