X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highsteppa
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2005

The Iceman

The Iceman - is the true story of Richard Kulkinski - a mob hitman who killed over 100 people, was quite likely a serial killer, yet was a very devoted family man whom he was fiercely loyal to (not quite the behaviour you'd expect from someone who might be classified as a potential sociopath).

Michael Shannon is great in the role of Kulkinski - managing to create a ferocious monster who you still manage to sympathize with. His performance makes me very eager to see what he's going to do with General Zod in the Man of Steel in a couple of weeks. A very impressive supporting cast of Winona Ryder, Ray Liotta, Chris Evans, David Schwimmer (!), Robert Davi and a couple of cameo appearances from James Franco and Stephen Dorff.

I quite liked it, even though the film feels a bit thin when you look outside of the excellent work that Shannon puts in and what drives the movie. It just felt like there should have been a bit more to the film - and I'm sure I can put my finger on what it was that it was missing.

Still, quite good - anyone jonesing for a decent mob movie will find their itch scratched here.
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Iceman

watched a few of his interviews on cnbc a couple years ago... certainly an interesting dude.

"pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Rawrmune
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2011

I thought this was another Otzi thread.

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

Really been wanting to check this out. Waiting for it...Love Michael Shannon.

Comment

Working...