X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Slow WiFi speeds on Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT

Making this post for documentation purposes and for those who may have the same problem that I've finally resolved today. I couldn't get the Linksys to have WiFi perform at 3.8 MB/Sec (as my wired connection would). MAX speeds being hit were 1 MB/Sec. I did the 2 following changes and now WiFi performance is MAXED out.

First Change:From the dd-wrt wiki,

After further study, I have also found that since the E2000 has an EIRP rating of 17dBm it is best to run these units at a TxPower setting 50mW instead of the dd-wrt default 71mW. 50mW = 17dBm Which can be adjusted in the webgui under the tabs Wireless > Advanced Settings enter 50 in the Tx Power entry. This should make for less Tx/Rx Errors and help the unit run cooler.
    Note, this will also (potentially) reduce your range, which it did for me, but its blazing fast now

Second Change:Also from the dd-wrt wiki,

Open up a telnet or SSH prompt and login to your router. If your router isn't accepting (or you are unable to access the router via Telnet for any reason) then go to Administration >> Commands in your dd-wrt Web GUI and enter the following in the "Commands" box, hit "Run Commands after entering the text (enter all the lines at one shot, the router will reboot when done):

Code:
    nvram set clkfreq=300,150,75
    nvram commit
    [url="http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/djdb.php?id=260"]reboot[/url]
    Enjoy
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Slow WiFi speeds on Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT

Nice... thanks for posting..

Just curious, which network tool do you use to test LAN speeds?
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Re: Slow WiFi speeds on Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT

Well to be honest, I didn't use a specific App to test my Router's speeds. It just became obvious when I knew we had a 40 MBIT conneciton at work and when I ran the speedtest.net app connected to my router, I was barely getting 10 MEG. That quickly isolated the problem to my router and caused me to go hunting for a solution, which I found (and posted) in the OP.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...