• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • el presidente Highsteppa
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jupiter Ascending [2014]

Originally posted by Krystyan
    I've seen all of them... I have to say they are not very good... in Public enemies/This is the end, he's not the lead actor.

But Foxcatcher though, he nailed it on that one..
    Ooookay - sure. Most of those movies have rated fresh on Rottentomatoes, and made a profit.

Maybe they're not good to YOU, but that's your opinion Ebert, and you're in the minority.
    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• Krystyan
      Platinum Poster
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
      Ooookay - sure. Most of those movies have rated fresh on Rottentomatoes, and made a profit.

Maybe they're not good to YOU, but that's your opinion Ebert, and you're in the minority.
      come on, don't take it personally... it's just that I don't enjoy his movies, as you said it's my opinion... You can't say he's great on white house down, gi joe or the vow ...
      https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• yerg
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2006

Mr. President, give us your opinion on Foxcatcher

I think that was Tatum's best role yet

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by yerg
          Mr. President, give us your opinion on Foxcatcher

I think that was Tatum's best role yet
          Sorry to get to this so late, but yeah, Tatum did not get a lot of credit, and he had the less showy, heavier lifting to do with Foxcatcher. Steve Carrell deserves props for departing from comedic expectations and doing a pretty good job with his role, but his role is a lot more enigmatic, and he had the advantage of a bit more freedom (and a prosthetic nose) to inhabit and disappear into the role. Him taking a serious role also adds to the attention that he got for participating in the film.

With Tatum, he had the more psychologically complex role of being a guy that was living in the shadow of his brother and his Olympic achievements, and slowly realizing that he's being used as a means for Carrell to get closer to his brother. That's a lot of emotions and range to go through over the course of the story.

And Krystyan, I'm not taking it personally, he's genuinely had a very decent career to date - the numbers in so far as box office and critical ratings prove it. Sure he's got some shit movies, so does everyone - even the top end actors have their share of turds - Pacino did Jack and Jill (a fucking Adam Sandler movie), De Niro has tried his hand at comedy with mixed results. Point is, he's had critical and commercial success and he's starting to come into his own.

I especially admire his honesty in talking about how he had to do G.I. Joe in order to elevate his career, and how he kind of regrets it. Just about every Hollywood actor is going to attach themselves to something big that they might not give a shit about or the quality of the project might be dubious or a straight up 2 hour toy commercial, only because it will definitely lead them to more projects and prove that they can be a box office draw.
          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• sakio pod
            SALAD TOSSER
            • Jun 2004

ok its never too late to post about this movie, 2 of my friends at work told me about this movie and said I should watch it and never got around to it until last year, I watched it and then watched it again!!!

Totally blown away by the massive amounts of disclosure that occurred in this movie, its BAM in your face, alien abduction, different alien species, the technology of phasing in and out of of space time, the way they talk about earth as a harvest plant or a "farm", and the mention that the one evil brother has lived for 14,000 years and owns many galaxies. genetic modification the production of clones.

Doubt anyone on here cares but so many things correlate to the alien abduction phenomenon in this movie its a taste of the truth. I wanna who the director got his ideas from. especially the screen imagine part. WOW WOW WOW

Comment

Working...