• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay813
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

Re: Miami WMC 2014 ... who's going ?

Originally posted by audrey_w
    From all i've seen of these parties they don't look great. Every clip of every gig at every wmc looks the same - people pouting and posing and taking pictures of themselves, not dancing in case their make up smudges - and that's just the blokes!
    I'm sure there is some good stuff going on somewhere but everything i've seen of it looks so dull, I wouldn't bother forking out for the air fare.
    here you go again, you REALLY need to get laid, and no im not offering. please stay home.

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

From all i've seen of these parties they don't look great. Every clip of every gig at every wmc looks the same - people pouting and posing and taking pictures of themselves, not dancing in case their make up smudges - and that's just the blokes!
      I'm sure there is some good stuff going on somewhere but everything i've seen of it looks so dull, I wouldn't bother forking out for the air fare.
      Im not sure what pictures you are looking at, but WMC is an incredible experience....one of the best holidays/vacations I've ever had.

The weather is amazing, great beaches, fantastic food, the clubs are awesome (at least the ones I attended), incredible music everywhere (all different genres), everyone I met was nothing but kind, and most importantly to me was finally meeting some of the people off of here...it made them true genuine friends, who I will probably stay in contact with for life (pickle monkey, Steve Graham, and jibby (rip friend )).

An experience is what you make of it
      Last edited by DancingQueen; February 17, 2014, 08:48:41 PM.
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• jay813
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2005

dancing queen, she is just a miserable antisocial ass who cares way too much about how others look and act, quite ironically.

Comment

• FFF
          Banned
          • Nov 2013

From all i've seen of these parties they don't look great. Every clip of every gig at every wmc looks the same - people pouting and posing and taking pictures of themselves, not dancing in case their make up smudges - and that's just the blokes!.
          Actually this came up in conversation the other day on FB, the general consensus was that people would go to the boat parties again but wouldn't touch the land with a barge poll.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

WMC has a little something for everyone, that's the beauty of it.... but if Pristine beaches and beautiful people and great food are boring, you probably won't like South Beach.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Krystyan
              Platinum Poster
              • Oct 2004

are they throwing the cafeina parties this year? the venue was great and I remember they had holden and lee burridge last year or year before...

and if sasha is having a boat party... you want to be there. and this year is at night...
              https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• jay813
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2005

from what i read the boat party is from 3-9, and he is playing at a club afterwards. every year he plays into the night but not late.

Comment

• go0gle
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2007

I am bumped that i can't make the boat party, but i will catch him here instead

Comment

• jay813
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

my wife is telling me she wants to go now so i might make it after all, its a bit late to get a hotel in south beach though.

Comment

• audrey_w
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jan 2013

I REALLY hope she gets LAID

But not by you. Wouldn't want to make your sisters jealous would we?

Comment

• jay813
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2005

ok....and you are posting here because?

added you to the ignore list...have a nice day.

Comment

• audrey_w
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jan 2013

Well, whadda ya know. Seems old jay only likes abusive / offensive comments when they are his.
                          As we saw earlier in the thread, anyone who doesn't share his opinions is an anti social ass or whatever it was haha
                          I'm posting here because I've as much right to as you.
                          As for new experiences, yes of course, I love them.

But were I to head to a party that's gonna cost me half a year's rent to go, only to find out its crap, or filled with people as intolerant and opinionated as yourself, then that wouldn't be a very bright move would it.
                          On all the evidence i've seen, these parties don't look great. Fair play to anyone who's been and enjoyed it, i'm not denying that either - good for you.

Maybe if I had 15 jobs or I got paid 2k a day then I wouldn't have to worry so much but, like I said, some of us live in the real world.

Have a great time Simon
                          Last edited by audrey_w; February 19, 2014, 09:30:16 AM.

Comment

• AntonyM
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Oct 2004

Going for a couple of days: Dirtybird BBQ is always a treat, lucked on the Nick/Hernan cruise, and of course Deep Dish, why not?
                            Get Lost Party, Sasha is performing at 5am that Sat morning and if I can swing it possibly the Bohemian Boat Crusie, Last Resort party looks good too.
                            Originally posted by Shpira
                            So came back last night...
                            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                            Originally posted by Illuminate
                            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• go0gle
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2007

Yea if you are planing the trip from Europe its a bit of an investment, and if you hit a few bad parties...sucks. But if you are going from within the US you can do it on the cheap side... my girlfriend and i are certainly on a budget, but that doesn't take away from the music.. if its good of course

Originally posted by AntonyM
                              Going for a couple of days: Dirtybird BBQ
                              Any info? I can't find anything on the mmw website..

And have fun on that Warren/Cattaneo boat! Sounded great but i am flying in that day so i couldn't go

Comment

• audrey_w
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Jan 2013

Can I ask how many of you folks in florida would spend a couple of grand on a trip to, say, Ibiza if all you'd seen of ibiza were parties whose vibe appeared to be the polar opposite of what you always thought clubbing was all about?
                                Would you go? Have you been?

Comment

Working...