• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Miami WMC 2014 ... who's going ?

Finally hitting SoBe for this.

Who's going and which events have caught your eye ?
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • King Coe
    Banned
    • Jan 2014

Re: Miami WMC 2014 ... who's going ?

WMC is not really my thing, but if I was to get on a boat it would be for Roger Sanchez (you had to be there). I'm going to try and make Bedrock at Easter this year, hope to see you there.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Easter B_rock should be great .. Ripperton opening and a 6 hour set.

#FullFuckingForce
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• King Coe
        Banned
        • Jan 2014

I'm going with an old friend of mine to see Darren Emerson so hope to make it.

Comment

• go0gle
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2007

Vagabond for sure. I guess that is the closest we can get to the Bedrock parties he throws in London here in the US..

one boat party.. not sure which one. I missed out on Sasha and the Cattaneo/Warren, but that one still says that you can get tix at the boat at "first come/first serve" basis.. so I might go for it.

If the boat thing doesn't work out I will probably check out Dice and Carola at Space

Where is Emerson playing at ?

Comment

• go0gle
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2007

Scratch the boat.. the Sasha one is probably going to be awesome but its a bit too much for me at $200, so instead i will be doing this

Last Night On Earth with Sasha and Guests - Tickets - Trade - Miami Beach, FL, March 27, 2014 | Ticketfly

I just hope we get at least a 2 hour set from him

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
              Where is Emerson playing at ?
              sigpicSimonR

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
                Vagabond for sure. I guess that is the closest we can get to the Bedrock parties he throws in London here in the US..

one boat party.. not sure which one. I missed out on Sasha and the Cattaneo/Warren, but that one still says that you can get tix at the boat at "first come/first serve" basis.. so I might go for it.

If the boat thing doesn't work out I will probably check out Dice and Carola at Space
                Hernan and Nick Warren are doing an after party post Tuesday boat (details tba) and playing the Weds night.

Looked at the Sasha things, but am doing Digger' boat on the Thursday and decided to go to Josh Wink's Ovum 20 Party at Treehouse later that night.
                sigpicSimonR

Comment

• audrey_w
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jan 2013

From all i've seen of these parties they don't look great. Every clip of every gig at every wmc looks the same - people pouting and posing and taking pictures of themselves, not dancing in case their make up smudges - and that's just the blokes!
                  I'm sure there is some good stuff going on somewhere but everything i've seen of it looks so dull, I wouldn't bother forking out for the air fare.

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by audrey_w
                    From all i've seen of these parties they don't look great. Every clip of every gig at every wmc looks the same - people pouting and posing and taking pictures of themselves, not dancing in case their make up smudges - and that's just the blokes!
                    I'm sure there is some good stuff going on somewhere but everything i've seen of it looks so dull, I wouldn't bother forking out for the air fare.
                    Break from the english weather, somewhere I've not been, house with a load of friends .. it's not that bad.

Always wanted to do it once ... Vagabond/boat aside, can't see me preferring it to the vibe of ibiza ... but lets see.

Plus 5 or 6 Digweed different sets during the week can't be that bad .. will focus on the music and ignore the posing and pouting .. most of which NRJ will be doing
                    sigpicSimonR

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

its Miami, topless beaches and sun, cant be that bad lol.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by simonr
                        Finally hitting SoBe for this.

Who's going and which events have caught your eye ?
                        Aww, I wish I was able to go, even more so now! Can't believe I'm going to miss seeing you
                        sigpic
                        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• da hype
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Dec 2009

skipping it this year....

BPM in 2015 for me

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

Some people live their lives constantly comparing different experiences with others... and some people accept new and different experiences simply for what they are. New and different. Comparing things, experiences, people and what have you, instead of appreciating them for their unique qualities is a really good way to become miserable.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• audrey_w
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jan 2013

And some people live in the real world. LOL

Comment

Working...