X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Tgif!!!!!!!!!

Have a fun weekend MS, Sat I have 5 photoshoots scheduled, really stoked about all the work coming my way... then Sunday is Easter, unfortunately no bedrock parties here - so off to church with the fam.

But in the meantime... I have to take care of a small rodent problem . This is our first home and first time I've encountered this issue besides when I was little, our home downtown was built in the early 1900's, had an attic and basement and rats in the basement for sure... but these little bastardos are in our kitchen .

Off to buy copious amounts of traps and what not, steel wool, flashlight, etc. FML until they are all gone, nearly shot one with a BB gun last night

It was fun while it lasted...
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Tgif!!!!!!!!!

Or, the natural way, get a cat! In one evening a cat will have every one of them laid out for your disposal -- problem solved.

You also have to investigate where/how they got in and seal that access off (they chew screens, wood, etc.). Good luck!! And, congrats on all your bookings! $$$$$

Comment

• nick007
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2007

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

^^^. Been enjoying Linenkugal's Summer Shandys lately, perfect for a warm summer day/night.

As as for the "natural way" Kiwi - at first I had a real issue with killing them - I figured there were prob just a few lil guys seeking refuge in my walls, no big deal. Then I was educated on the diseases, and respiratory problems their sh*t causes and our house is rather small (1200 sqft) so with a 2 yr old especially I started thinking of trapping them in these cute little house like traps...then the little f*ckers got wise to my program and avoided said traps and decided to walk around the kitchen freely helping themselves to my dogs food, pissing and crapping in my walls, under my counter, under my sink and they aren't just cute lil grey mice, there was a rat trotting around my counter. So I went to Home Depot and bought these plugins the send out a high pitched frequency - and new traps, mothballs (which I quickly collected and discarded because well - mothballs) ....and a slim Jim , because they can't not snap into a slim Jim trap I was told. I pulled my oven out, and threshold or whatever away from the bottom of my counter/cupboard and there's more rat sh*t. So at this point, weather they run away or die slowly - I no longer care.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2014

OH MY!!!! ewwwwwww.... you must be really fed up! Borrow a neighbor's cat for a one night "sleepover" lol That'll get 'em.... maybe? have a professional take care of them? Sounds awful FL!!! I feel for ya!!

rat001.jpg

Comment

• diegoff
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

^ :d:d:d:d:d
            Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
            Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
            May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

at first I was like: "thank f I don't have to crawl into some dark nasty crawl space" when I saw that pic, but then that all changed yesterday when wifey asked me to go under the house to retrieve was theorized to be left over mothballs... I almost had a small space attack, that shit was awful I hope I never go under this house again, plus I cut my finger digging up a large piece of glowing green glass thinking it was an old relic worth $$$

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                Platinum Poster
                • Jan 2014

"an old relic"

Comment

Working...