Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: What Has Mercury Server meant to you?

When I first stumbled on MS it was a place for music & a bit of banter.....then it became much more than that....I have met some wonderful people on here that I know I will stay in touch with for a long time in one way or another (you know who you are). However when dear Jibs & Jeff passed away, it took a piece of this place that never came back (for me anyways). There was a while where I dreaded coming on here because of certain members due to being attacked....then they left & it started to get back on track again....but then my life got busy (marriage, birth of my son, and soon to welcome another bundle of Joy any day now). I pop on now & then, but not as often as I would like. MS will always be special to me, especially back in "in the good ol' days"
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

I do not get that "feel good" vibe unfortunately.

Must be the way I interact... There's a lot of my "pedant is better than yours" from what I have seen.

I never came here to make friends though, nor enemies I should add.

Comment

• nelinho
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2011

like I said. its probably me.

Nice to see what it means to others.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

^are you on reddit?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

Forgot to mention, I really like/appreciate how ms is easy on the eyes. Love the new banners too!

Comment

• Bender420
              Tickle me Elmo!
              • Jun 2004

wow! looking back, it's kinda hard to put into words what [MS] has meant to me! i trolled for a long time before i had the guts to say something. it's funny now, how apprehensive i was to post on an internet forum, but i used to be pretty shy in person and i guess it carried over to the internet!
              for me it started as a new place to d/l music. but it started opening up for me when i realized that some of the people here ( Jibs mainly) were the same people i used to get music from on napster. it took a turn when hungry girl ( most of you know him as clintlove ) and i decided to crash the meet up in p-cola! to meet kamal, tomtom, jibs, picklemonkey, steve graham, and others in person was surreal! and not just meet them, but to become fast friends with them all! and since that meet up, any time i've traveled i've checked to see if anyone from [MS] lived in the city, or was going to a club or what not. and it's been cool to meet people in chicago, miami, barcelona, and vienna! and on the same vibe, when unrecogniseduser moved to new orleans we invited him to a mardi gras party. and i'm happy to call that guy on of my best friends now!!! and when he moved to vienna it allowed me to meet another fellow ms'er in troklo who's become another great friend! steve graham is another of my best friends!
              i don't stop in as much as i used to, i like others got really sick of the negativity that some people spouted. and just life itself got a bit more involved i guess! haha. i'm trying to visit more often though.
              in all, it's been a fantastic place to get new music, talk with like minded people, and for me at least, the chance to meet some great people who've enriched my life!
              i think i'm gonna hit that donate button up top after thinking about all this!
              Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Illuminate
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

5000 posts in, 5 years as a 'active' member, as opposed to showing up and ripping off sets. All I can say is thank you people/mods of [ms] for being what it is today. As I look back if it wasn't for this, my thesis paper, which I am strenuously working on to submit tomorrow could not have been possible. My car driving music would have been bland. My train hopping music would have been too cheesy. My arguments about vinyl would have been pointless. So, I guess this place works somehow.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                Sbando
                - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                Bob
                "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                KiwiTollway

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Wow... This is a pretty awesome thread... Love reading all the posts.

I can't really put in words what [ms] means to me.... I'd be writing for days ... Lol. I will say this though, I feel like a lot of you are really cool peeps... The time, dedication, and selfless contribution never fails to amaze me...

I have gotten through some really rough times ... It's been my main stay from 2002... The only forum that I choose to be a member of for so many years... Not sure what I would do if it went away... I'd' be crushed. I understand that life changes and sometimes even I don't find time to stop by as much as I used to.... I do miss a ton of old schoolers though...
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• fletcher
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jul 2005

I posted quite a lot back in the days when Bedrock was a monthly party in London and I used to get out and about quite a bit.

My music tastes changed a bit and I drifted off to weirder corners of the net, but I've always had an ear out for Diggers work.

A few years on and I'm married with a mortgage and a kid but music will always be there and I've found myself checking up on MS more often again lately, its always been a friendly community and glad its still running
                    http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...