X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nelinho
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Sep 2011

Landmark Forum (Education)

has anyone been to or done any of this type of stuff...

an ex housemate has got me into going to one of the meetings for free...these "motivational" courses have cost him $800 and $500 respectively...

to be honest I am a sceptic, but also a pessimst and dont want to ruin my friends "enlightenment"

here is a link i found...

Investigation: is the Landmark Forum a cult? | UK news | The Observer

anyways, i have just dropped some strong pill...so any loved up messages over the next few hours is just the E talking...
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Landmark Forum (Education)

Enjoy the "meeting" then... you never know, it might really resonate with you, it might not. I haven't heard of it, but I thoroughly appreciated the article. Some aspects of what the writer described (e.g., by the 5th paragraph, my answer was "uh no") turned me off to the 'program' (or company), but glad it's helping people. Opening of someone's mind is valuable unless you're opening them up to anger, violence, arguing, etc. imo.

Certainly, don't ruin your friend's enlightenment.

And, I mean... these are all relatively good concepts, of course:

"The Landmark Forum's 'seven commandments' for being an extraordinary person:

· Be Racket-Free: give up being right - even when you know you were.

· Be Powerful: be straight in your communication and take what you get.

· Be Courageous: acknowledge your fear (not necessarily get rid of it) and then act.

· Be Peaceful: give up the interpretation that there's something wrong.

· Be Charismatic: give up trying to get somewhere. Be entirely fulfilled in the present moment.

· Be Enrolling: share your new possibilities in such a way that others are touched, moved and inspired.

· Be Unreasonable: in expectations of yourself and others beyond what you would think they are capable of."

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

I've heard of it. I know 2 guys our age that went, and they both thought it was the mutts nutts. One of them is from Australia though has probably lived here for 10 years, the other from here. Both are intelligent types, both actors as well. I read over the article you posted and I think it's great for people who have unresolved conflicts or have never said they were sorry but need to. Truth is most people harbor all kinds of resentments that end up ruining their own abilities to forge new or meaningful relationships vs. affecting the person who harmed them. Personally, I've already done a lot of this work in a different setting, so I personally wouldn't go, but if you haven't done the work, DO IT. Don't wait another day.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2014

04cfcd03c11523ac86f6da7d8612965axxx.jpg

Comment

• Micko
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by nelinho
          i have just dropped some strong pill...so any loved up messages over the next few hours is just the E talking...
          Haven't known you to embrace MS with any loved up messages before so this should be good......

Comment

• nelinho
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Sep 2011

seems somewhat a spiritual ponzi scheme of sorts..if it helps yay...i think it would be cheaper to go to psychologist who work off evidence backed research...meh

Comment

• nelinho
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Micko
              Haven't known you to embrace MS with any loved up messages before so this should be good......

complete waste of good drugs.

Comment

• Illuminate
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

Common sense; never goes astray when I'm faced by all these ponzi schemes, of unqualified drop-outs telling you everything is alright.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                Sbando
                - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                Bob
                "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                KiwiTollway

Comment

• nelinho
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Sep 2011

i was peaking when the guy called...so yeah...go figure

Comment

Working...