Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Ebola

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Ebola

People love to talk shit about the US online nowadays, but let's face it, nobody else in the world steps up to help crisis such as this one on the same scale as the US is. And that's pretty noble. I definitely wouldn't want to go do the work these American soldiers are about to do.

Hope this horrendous situation is brought to an end sooner than later. Ebola is not fun.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Ebola

am I permitted to comment?

nevermind

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

Still early days for the USA (and its allies) to go all self congratulatory about on the awesome things we do around world.

As Putin said..."everything the US touches turns to Libya or Iraq"

Not been following the news about Ebola lately...US going to help with ebola...out of benevolence or big pharma interests?

Not a personal attack, just a general distrust of the western governments "helping" overseas.

Comment

• subterFUSE
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2006

I am becoming convinced that Ebola is just a bad strain of African flu. It kills half the people infected over there. But when our people get infected, we bring them home to a real hospital and they get better. Go figure....

Comment

• subterFUSE
          Gold Gabber
          • Nov 2006

Or maybe it's the start of the zombie apocalypse?

Two Ebola patients, who died of the virus in separate communities in Nimba County have reportedly resurrected in the county. The victims, both females, believed to be in their 60s and 40s respectively, died of the Ebola virus recently in Hope Village Community and the Catholic Community in Ganta, Nimba.

Comment

• Zover
            Banned
            • Mar 2014

Isn't it just this years thing? One year it was SARS, then killer bees, followed by bird flu, mad cow disease..................

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

^Agreed.

Cardiovascular Disease kills a HALF MILLION plus in American alone, annually, and all you have to do to treat it is eat healthy food and get off your fat ass and go for a run...but it's Ebola that everyone is currently freaking out about.

"We're all gonna die of Ebola!!!" *Uh, yes, supersize that burger and fry please!

Fucking idiots.

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

Geotagged mentions of "Ebola" from September to October.

September: tweet... tweet tweet... tweet....tweet.....

October...tweet....one person in America gets it...HOLY FUCK

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

As long as people don't start pouring buckets of boiling water over them. I'm content to support a cause to minimise its current destruction in Africa.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

• Krystyan
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Oct 2004

https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

^

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2014

A 26 yr old nurse who was being closely watched by the CDC while caring for the 1st-known patient now has the disease despite precautions. The CDC sent out a team to help the first team sent to the hospital. Ridiculous. The U.S. has only like 4 hospitals nationwide knowledgeable in the protocol for handling such an infectious disease.

The young nurse's dog (a King Charles Spaniel) is being held in an undisclosed location under the care of animal services. huh? And nearly 100 people came in contact with Duncan they're saying now. A child at an elementary school 20+ miles north of the hospital is on the CDC's monitor list. It's a rather large WTF imo. But yea... let's make jokes while a 26 yr old nurse fights for her life; it'll soon be in your backyard too.

tra la la

Comment

• ddr
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                          A 26 yr old nurse who was being closely watched by the CDC while caring for the 1st-known patient now has the disease despite precautions. The CDC sent out a team to help the first team sent to the hospital. Ridiculous. The U.S. has only like 4 hospitals nationwide knowledgeable in the protocol for handling such an infectious disease.

The young nurse's dog (a King Charles Spaniel) is being held in an undisclosed location under the care of animal services. huh? And nearly 100 people came in contact with Duncan they're saying now. A child at an elementary school 20+ miles north of the hospital is on the CDC's monitor list. It's a rather large WTF imo. But yea... let's make jokes while a 26 yr old nurse fights for her life; it'll soon be in your backyard too.

tra la la
                          Earth's way of fighting back against it's own virus, us.

Earth is in need of another 'zero'ing' in my opinion.
                          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                            let's make jokes while a 26 yr old nurse fights for her life; it'll soon be in your backyard too.

Everyone handles horrific events differently. It's not uncommon for police and emt's to make jokes about victims they see in car wrecks, shootings, etc and what not.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2014

^ that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

The CDC is making glaring, careless errors and people need to be fired instead of making apologies & saying "We just don't know." while letting a nurse who cared for Duncan get on a commercial flight before the incubation period is even over (2nd nurse now diagnosed). You'd think this was the 1940s or something, not 2014 -- the digital information age. I hope they get their act together & some proper effective leadership very soon. Training on protocol & developing protocol all "on the fly" is unconscionable. Nurses deserve the utmost respect & care, imo.

Second nurse flew to Atlanta for proper care, which is where people have actually recovered from it. Hopefully, a wise decision for that young woman.

Comment

Working...