1,000 mph car w/ 3 engines = 135,000 horsepower

whoa wow wtf

Faster than a speeding bullet: the 1000mph car - CNN.com

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: 1,000 mph car w/ 3 engines = 135,000 horsepower

So how is it for parallel parking in front of the city Starbucks?
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Comment

• threehills
        I heart Lollergirl
        • Jun 2005

Is he being written a parking ticket in that first pick?
        It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

Thats is not a car.
          looks like a rocket.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

It's certainly not 4 wheeled and shaft driven. It's like calling a bird the Space Shuttle.

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

except it has 4 wheels - and the ticket I believe is a joke

They are calling it a rocket (on wheels, aluminum wheels but wheels none the less).

The rocket will run for 20 seconds providing 20,500 pounds of thrust burning 2100 pounds of concentrated (86 percent) hydrogen peroxide (known as HTP) as a liquid oxidizer and a synthetic-rubber, hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene as the solid propellant. The fuel pump, which requires at least 620 shaft-horsepower, is equally mighty, operating at 12,000 rpm delivering 111 pounds of HTP per second at 1100 psi to the combustion chamber. It is powered by an 800-hp, 4.5-liter V12 racing engine from Menard Competition Technologies (MCT). The engine also acts as an auxiliary power unit providing electrical and hydraulic power. In May, the Bloodhound team successfully tested a 6-inch-diameter rocket engine at a test site in the Mojave Desert. The engine used in the SSC will be three times the diameter of the test engine. In July, the team completed another round of static testing.

The forces acting on the Bloodhound's structure will be simply mind-numbing. About 2.5 g's during acceleration and 3 g's in deceleration over a less-than-smooth road surface, together with the almost unbelievable surface forces acting on the vehicle, means that the Bloodhound has to be very tough. The front section is planned to be a race-car-style carbon-fiber tub. This structure contains the front suspension, steering, HTP tank and the ancillaries, as well as driver Andy Green. The rear section is a steel space frame for the lower half and a carbon-fiber composite web structure on top. This was to have contained the EJ200 turbofan, but the team has recently considered whether to swap the position of the jet and rocket in the interests of stability. This aspect of the design isn't completely resolved. An answer should come in October , as well as the team's decision of where the car will be built and where the record attempt itself will take place. "The record-breaking site is down to a choice of three," Noble says. "There are two in the U.S. and one in South Africa."

Comment

Working...