• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harry ramsden
    Wanna play sudoko with me?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Time for Goodbye?

Originally posted by ddr
    Face it... we all grew up, lol. A lot of us were single and/or in college while [ms] was flourishing. Personally, I just don't have the time to post as much as I would like unfortunately so I end up just visiting a few key threads for music and call it good.
    Truth.

Can't hold on to the past, these things come and go, it was a pleasure to be a part of it.

Comment

• jay813
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005

there seems to be plenty of people wanting this to stick around, and yes, we have grown up and clubbing may not be on our agenda every weekend anymore we are still very involved with the music. if the admin no longer wants to run the site, he is more than welcome to sell it to someone else willing to take over. maybe some fresh blood running the site is what it needs to move to the next 10-20 years.

Comment

• Santa
        Getting Somewhere
        • Aug 2004

I don't post much, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading.
        I love MS as it's the unique place for me to get excellent music and strange pictures from the non-sense thread
        If MS disapear, I will be lost in the night without music...
        Santa Claus inc.
        World wide deliveries, once a year

Comment

• harry ramsden
          Wanna play sudoko with me?
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Micko
          If it wasn't for MS, I would not have discovered so many artists and mixes.

For example Ricky Ryan - This mix is outstanding

Long live MS

https://soundcloud.com/rickyryan/ricky-ryan-www-groovegarden?in=rickyryan/sets/dj
          Downloaded this set based on your recommendation.
          holy shit! great set.
          love that track around the 17/18min mark. Thank you.

Comment

• Micko
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

^ that track is truly something

Dance music at it's very best

Comment

• djkix
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

I'm 39 years old and gonna hit 40 this year. I've pretty much retired from the club scene, except for that once a year (if that) that Digweed may come to my city. This board's been great through the years. If it goes, it would be a sad day. I may not go clubbing anymore but still take in a healthy daily dose of progressive house everyday.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sbando
                By the way, my offer to create and maintain an MS Soundcloud Page (free for MS user with unlimited uploads) and an MS SC group is still valid. Don't be lazy! It can be done.
                do it!

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  Double hoodie beer monster
                  • Jun 2004

I just turned off the forum moderation for new members. Kamal, I'll defer the decision to you but I think post editing should be turned on as well.

Kamal, I unfortunately don't have the time to devote to restyling the forum... I must've put 500 hours into it last time we upgraded. That was before I had 3 kids and a pregnant wife, so I just don't have time to commit to anything these days except possibly an hour every couple of days. I'm sorry I know you spent money on the new software, but my thought is that money won't fix the heartache you have with the site.

I think consolidation would be good--we have looked at doing this in the past, but seeing how it's general consensus at this point I think it's something we should do. feather had some good ideas regarding structure changes. It's a race to see which of us does it first.

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

The SC page is ready we must decide what to do with it. Kamal?

3 kids?? I lost count.
                    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Micko
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                      I just turned off the forum moderation for new members. Kamal, I'll defer the decision to you but I think post editing should be turned on as well.

Kamal, I unfortunately don't have the time to devote to restyling the forum... I must've put 500 hours into it last time we upgraded. That was before I had 3 kids and a pregnant wife, so I just don't have time to commit to anything these days except possibly an hour every couple of days. I'm sorry I know you spent money on the new software, but my thought is that money won't fix the heartache you have with the site.

I think consolidation would be good--we have looked at doing this in the past, but seeing how it's general consensus at this point I think it's something we should do. feather had some good ideas regarding structure changes. It's a race to see which of us does it first.
                      Didn't realise you put in so much effort last time round

I have 3 kids myself so I feel your pain - not much time to do anthing

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

I'm in awe of anyone with more than 1 kid. Man they are a lot of work . Thanks for all your effort Adam and Kamal. It does not go unappreciated.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Micko
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          I'm in awe of anyone with more than 1 kid. Man they are a lot of work
                          Damn straight but great fun - the little fella turned 1 last Saturday. He's a big fan of Ricky Ryan and Hisham Zahran - he has some funky little moves when I slip on the tunage

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by picklemonkey

No worries Adam, I'll play with it as I can, I've already paid a lot for the software so I really think moving to it is inevitable. I'll see what I can do to mess with the colors etc.

Originally posted by sbando
                            The SC page is ready we must decide what to do with it. Kamal?

3 kids?? I lost count.
                            Ready? Can you PM me? I thought we were talking about uploading files?
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                            Originally posted by ace_dl
                            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• sbando
                              Going back to Romford
                              • Apr 2008

I'm ready! I'll PM youse.
                              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                              ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Micko
                                Damn straight but great fun - the little fella turned 1 last Saturday. He's a big fan of Ricky Ryan and Hisham Zahran - he has some funky little moves when I slip on the tunage
                                lol thats nice

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

Working...