• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • el presidente Highsteppa
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: I've never been much of a gamer...

Originally posted by Kamal
    This is a project for next year for me. Actually I've got quite a few lined up, I also want to build a Coe i7 beast to run all daily activities on my home network, that's going to be a fun build.
    The hard drive switch is actually really easy for a PS4, so it shouldn't take you long to do. Just be sure to get a SSD drive for the replacement - makes it mad quick when loading games and booting up.
    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
      The hard drive switch is actually really easy for a PS4, so it shouldn't take you long to do. Just be sure to get a SSD drive for the replacement - makes it mad quick when loading games and booting up.
      Good idea on the SSD but since I was considering getting a 2 TB drive into the PS4, I might have to stick with the standard HD.

Having said that, I did buy an Nvidia Shield over Black Friday as they threw in the remote for free (regularly priced at $50). Nifty bit of tech and considering it's 4K compatible, kinda future-proofed it with my Plex Media Server / Bluray collection. Happy so far.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

ps4 folks add me, picklemonkey. I just grabbed Destiny over Black Friday for $34 and have been digging it so far. I'm usually on at night from 10:30-12 after the family goes to bed.

Comment

• Donny Concrete
          Gold Gabber
          • Sep 2006

Even a man who is pure in heart And says his prayers each night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms and the moon is full and bright.

Comment

• D.Williams
            Platinum Poster
            • Aug 2006

Been playing Battlefront on Xbox one and LOVING IT! Add me BoozyWoozy

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

just put together an amazing AMD PC a week ago.. installed Fallout 3 with all mods, playing through that now. New Vegas then 4 are next Quite an upgrade from only having a Macbook Pro since 2008.

i only need a good joystick then Star Citizen is also on the menu.
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

I guess age is catching up with me as I'm not as motivated to build PCs anymore. My last build (Core i3 with 12 GB RAM) from 2011 is starting to show its age and while I was tempted to build a beast of a rig again, I'm considering buying a branded one from a manufacturer.

Though I'm tempted to make the plunge and get a beast of a rig like this one - Small Form Factor Gaming Desktop - Bolt 3 by Digital Storm PC - I can't stomach to spend nearly $3K (specked out). So likely going to go to Best Buy and buy a little more affordable machine like this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-...&skuId=4583952

Decent specs and powerful enough to be my Plex Media Server for years to come.
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Can't wait for The Division. Didn't get a chance to play the beta, but heard and saw plenty of good things.
                  Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Kamal
                    I guess age is catching up with me as I'm not as motivated to build PCs anymore. My last build (Core i3 with 12 GB RAM) from 2011 is starting to show its age and while I was tempted to build a beast of a rig again, I'm considering buying a branded one from a manufacturer.
                    my husband does the same thing (has for years) and is responsible for giving many kids from our old neighborhood their first computer, then he started just donating them to organizations/schools. He's also lost motivation for it. He's learning/playing these days with a "Raspberry Pi" and xbian, kodi... ever heard of those? You might enjoy them also.

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

I have heard of Raspberry Pi's but other than using the really small form factor for building things like wireless security cameras or an insanely slow backup server, I don't really have much use for them. Right now, my current project is to install wifi speakers all over the house (Sonos Play 5 Gen 2 in particular).

I just bought one speaker last weekend and I am simply blown away by the sound that comes out of this little box. Incredible.

Of course at $500 a pop, it's no where near cheap but that's why this project will probably take the rest of the year to complete.
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2014

Pi can be used to automate anything in our house from the pool equipment, electric gate, thermostats, etc....& also be a media server, control TVs from a phone (make any TV into a "smart tv"), has decent graphics capabilities, does full 1080P, runs the latest Linux... he's having cheap/easy fun with it is very into home automation

those speakers seem phenom!

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

I didn't realize you could use Pi to automate things at home, I thought it was nothing more than an extremely small form factor PC so yea would run Linux or any other OS you slap on there.

I am slowly entering the realm of home automation as well, plan to get August locks, ConnectSense smart plugs, Amazon Echo, Lifx Color changing LEDs, Wifi enabled Garage door opener, blinds, video door bell, the entire gamut. So far I only purchased Smaty color LED bulbs and Piper Security Camera but they aren't "hubbed" together to form a smart-home.....yet.

Just evaluating what base platform to piggy back on. Apple's Home Kit and Amazon Echo are now being adopted by various manufacturers and Echo seems a lot smarter than Siri does. Must be my brown accent.
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jan 2014

goodness...going to start holding concerts at your home?

Echo seems very cool. Let us know how you like it.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

A concert?
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• majormixing
                                Fresh Peossy
                                • Mar 2021

Hey, everyone!
                                I'm playing now Red Dead Redemption 2, and it's absolutely fantastic!

Kevin from Major Mixing

Comment

Working...